Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

I typically do 3 copies, 1 to sell immediately to cover the cost, 1 to sell if the price rockets up ( there are instances where its gone the other way) and 1 already paid for for the pc.

I think @agentpoyo is testy about one user taking up all their server space to show off a collection or some pet peeve like that.

2 Likes

Wow, that massive, huh? Nice! : )

Yah man… We ain’t your personal Instagram… :wink:

But honestly, right now CHU is backed up comfortably to a server I run and pay for to keep costs down for backups. One day that might change with this very fast growing site and yalls bazillion pics. :wink:

5 Likes

Just delete the dog pics; that ought to save us a gig or two, right?

1 Like

Dog pics go in The Pets of Chu

2 Likes

Oh man, Bowie was just a baby then… and that was only months ago… the fur babies sure do grow up fast!

1 Like

Sold one of my Avengers Academy #1 Newsstand Edition for $185. Contemplating listing another as I have several of them.

8 Likes

Spawn 1 copies have been moving.
Only buy the listings that say VHTF if you have to chase. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

As in, “It’s VHTF a comic shop that doesn’t have one of Spawn #1’s million copies for sale.” :grin:

6 Likes

Someone finally decided to bite on Chanath Cha in Lando 2 and bought all 7 copies I had listed on eBay. Was there a new KC alert or YouTube pump?

2 Likes

A couple of weeks ago someone was pumping this comic.

https://www.keycollectorcomics.com/series/lando,68368/

1 Like

thankfully, @drunkwooky gave the heads-up a while back about Lando 2, and there was a spike right after the KC alert, but then things died down. I was just wondering what made it spike again. Glad to see the copies go though. I still have a few in the PC.

2 Likes

I found one at my LCS for $3 about 3 weeks ago.

2 Likes

People just gotta pay attention and do their own research. There’s no magic to it. If they want to just watch Key Collector and buy at a mark up over and over again, that’s their call.

6 Likes

Is someone talking about Champions 1 (2016)? I’ve got a lot of new views and watchers on a listing.

2 Likes

Yeah it started heating up a few weeks ago I believe. KC had it on their hot list or whatever.

1 Like

Sweet! I have a pile of these.

1 Like

I’ve sold 4 of these the past month for $15-$20. Plus a one per store for $70.

My B&W Party variant just sits at $15 though.

I believe Champions was on somebody’s Top 10 a week or two ago. I only have the KRS Kirkham variant so I totally missed the boat on this one :crazy_face: