Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Do you have an online shop or is the account just for your own use?

Here is Faele’s store. Comics, Trading Cards, Collectibles, and other products! (villaingaming.com)

1 Like

Once and Future fan here. The premise of the storyline is quite interesting, and the art is spectacular. Got some #1 3rd prints and some copies from the hard to find #8-11 range before they started with the incentives and the print run went up. Own a few of the original art to the covers, including #1 3rd print and #5.

5 Likes

I’ve scooped up 3 or 4 HRA 2 1:10s the last couple weeks, all in 15-20 range, and then adding a few 2As every time if a store has them. I think I have around 15 2As now and 4-5 1:10s.

2 Likes

I really like Once & Future & it’s a consistently good read. I like it more than SIKC, which I dropped after the first arc. :slight_smile:

Anyone know if Amazing Spider-man #87 has a Goblin Queen cameo ?

Someone bought 26 copies yesterday…

Not that I see:

Amazing Bag-Man is back though.

2 Likes

There’s a possibility there’s a cameo in there to tease the next issue. That’s how Marvel comics does things.

Need to see the last page…doubtful any preview provides that.

Books likely arriving at LCS’s by now, right? Maybe this person got ahold of a copy…

Or maybe they thing the Amazing Bag-Man is good spec.

2 Likes

Bombastic Bag-Man to be exact!! :love_you_gesture:t5:

1 Like

First issue is ASM #258 WHICH IS WHEN WE FIND OUT THE SUITS ALIVE. USUALLY A $20-$30 BOOK. Or was not sure now.

Once and Future is a great book. One I always forget about when people ask me what I read and like. OAF would make an easy TV show with weekly villains and an overall theme of the King Arthur stuff being the background stuff. Could easily milk a few seasons out of it.

3 Likes

Tried getting into Once and Future, and while the premise is interesting to me, the stories seemed too rushed. It was difficult for me to understand the background of the characters, and it seemed there was too much story crammed in to an issue. The scenes transition are very jarring. Just a difficult title for me to digest. I have this same problem with Department of Truth also; problem here is its also too wordy. There should be some primer on the characters and some recap of the story for these books. I understand if these were long printed books, but they are fairly new; just didnt draw me in to enjoy.

@drunkwooky So on a book like this where we can assume there will Be heat - what’s the min. You would take? Thanks!

Minimum I would take on a sale? $14 a copy of the regular copies for 1 or 2. $30 for the ratio variants.

I’m not selling right now, though because it’s just so obviously too soon. The High Republic publishing initiative has given us like 36 new characters. We know High Republic is going to get some sort of live action project. We also know a video game is coming. There is just too much in the immediate horizon to sell right now.

5 Likes

That’s a ton of first appearances in HR Adventures 1. Guess I should add a few to the collection. You know. Just in case.

1 Like

Not 36 all in issue 1 to be clear.

1 Like

2 Likes

Good old Jimcomics moves the needle again.

3 Likes

Btw, this is the entirety of that appearance:

Obscure silhouettes.

5 Likes