Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Interesting article about the pace of new shows coming to Disney Plus -

Disney CEO Makes It Clear a Big Price Increase Is Coming (Here’s When) (msn.com)

1 Like

I do say, that’s a lot of cheddar.

SWHRA 1 easily selling for $8 each + shipping.

5 Likes

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-dc-justice-league-avengers-george-perez/

1 Like

So Midtown a comic book scalper :thinking:

If Midtown is really gonna donate the whole $200 to Hero Initiative that’s a different story. We have not gotten any confirmation.

1 Like

Black Panther 3 (1:25) CGC 9.8 sold for $1499.99

Tosin demanding respect as the Next Miles :man_shrugging: :rofl:

4 Likes

I’m sorry, but that crosses the line - whoever it doing it. Sell it and give the money to the charity - absolutely no good reason to sell it for that and pocket the cash. For goodness sake, it is for the creators of the books we love. Midtown should be embarrassed if they are not giving it to the charity.

3 Likes

This thing’s going to end at $700+ tomorrow.

4 Likes

While I agree with some of CBR’s points, the article did come off like sour grapes of someone who couldn’t secure a copy at their LCS, like a lot of people (myself included).

Also, is it scalping when you put it up for auction starting at $0.99? Seems like that’s the market deciding what the book is worth.

Quick question for the vets as I’m new to comic spec/ flipping. I picked this up from my LCS today. Jim’s Comics talked about it last week and it seems it sells for $100+ on EBay. My question is, does this issue have long term value or is it just valuable because Jim’s Comics spotlighted it? Jim says it’s a “first team up of Blade and Moon Knight”. Do collectors generally care about stuff like that? Is it worth hanging on to? Thanks for the feedback.

2 Likes

Usually, only 1st apps hold value long-term. I would sell while it’s hot.

5 Likes

sell sell sell. 1st meetings and team ups are some fad people been pushing for a while lately, certainly would not pay anywhere near $100.

5 Likes

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=55269870

i dont think its gonna sell at that price

1 Like

It is not even graded.

Its a cool cover though, not $100 cool, but still Moon Knight Bloodstone cool. Will be on the lookout. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Unless it’s golden or silver age first team ups or meetings they usually don’t have staying power. Then again the market has been peculiar recently with collecting goals shifting for many.

3 Likes

I think the idea behind the push is the two characters could cross over in the Moon Knight show and therefore people will want to chase it.

2 Likes

It seems Agent Orange does seem to sell though, not by much. I pass many of these in the $ boxes. If DC ever does a Sinestro War movie, then it should really take off. Probably a ways off or never.