Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Eight Billion Genies #4 were all either sold out or priced at $19.99 in my area (which is nonsense but whatever).

Pretty wild that people aren’t preordering this series if they want it.

No copies around me. But I didn’t get out until late in the day.

My lcs likely ordered 1 shelf copy. Doubt anyone has it on their hold list.

My lcs has really cut back on shelf copies and variants to lately…to like one cover A and no variants for most books now.

Even Amazing Spider-Man had one cover A on the shelf today…

That’s pretty crazy for ASM.

https://www.cbr.com/secret-invasion-emilia-clarke-role-skrull/
explains why meet the skrulls 1 is selling so well
2nd print order number

just 3 weeks late to the party… Secret Invasion Disney+ show - #31 by monopolyjackson

1 Like

i have doubts on it being her, that book is only like 2-3 years old, seems to quick for a script that was likely written 1-2 years ago

For anyone interested, I finally listed mine. BIN or auction starting at 99 cents.

Terry Moore’s new book Parker Girls #1 had a 1:10 signed Variant which is selling on eBay for $20 and up. He has them on his site for $10

1 Like

Its sold out. I think you got the last copy lol

Wow $10…missed that boat
The LCS I went to recently had 2 copies at $40 each and wouldn’t budge on price

Hey Anthony, what are your thoughts on having an “Alerts” section in the lounge or regular sub forum? I notice that any time a CHU member posts an online deal they find it’s immediately sold out. I imagine lurkers and bots far outweigh actual forum members say 3-1? It would be nice to let forum members get a heads up.

I remember someone posted a Sozomaika Catwoman ratio variant TFAW link here. It was for ratio price and a cover i wanted for my pc. I was the first person to click on the link and it was already sold out. It appears bots sniffed it out and cleared the inventory.

2 Likes

saw a rumor, if true runa spec might pay off in a few weeks

2 Likes

Yeah. I can do that.

2 Likes

Cheers, thanks

Eight Billion Genies 1A first print just hit $50 raw. Couple of auctions currently running in the $45 range. There’s no stopping this runaway train. Going to the moon!

As inventory dries up of the first print, do you guys think this has a shot at $100 or more raw? I sold so many copies early on for $15 :sob: Bumped it up to $30 when i noticed they were selling instantly. They still sold right away. Decided to stash a few copies away for the long term to see how the streaming Amazon series goes.

2 Likes

Could you elaborate on the rumor?

Might you consider selling one to one of your CHU brethren?

Hehe :grin: I’m not selling any more copies. I’m keeping a few 9.8 candidates for the long haul. I think it has a lot of potential. If you had asked me a few weeks earlier i would’ve said sure as i had lots of copies. :grin:

2 Likes

Just joking, my friend. Let’s hope they come back as 9.8’s. I really don’t know if this book is going to continue in this fashion. If it does, you were smart to stash a couple away.

1 Like