Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

:point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

Guess another example of an irrational market:
Nottingham 1 2nd print raws getting listed near $200 presale.

2 Likes

That’s just nuts…

3 Likes

I think some collectors are betting that BAEW #1 will be like Detective #880. “The” hot Black Adam cover to own. At least that is how I am rationalizing. If that’s the case I still think Black Adam #1 1:10 Ross variant is a little more iconic. I do like the Boss Logic cover a lot though.

1 Like

woah, I totally didn’t order. When is #2 2nd print coming? Will have to make notes to add. I’ve already got 3 copies of #3 and #4 on my list. I hate to say it, I probably won’t even bother cracking any of the 1/2’s I have open to read because they are all 9.8’s, I will sell them and buy the trade later.

I must say, I am EXTREMELY happy with my Vengeance #1 9.6 purchase at $285 about 33 days ago. It doubled quickly! Now bringing $671
I been watching the numbers and the 9.6 was accelerating faster than 9.8, smh.

2 Likes

@agentpoyo mentioned FOC for Nottingham 2 2nd print in his last article:

1 Like

I followed my own advice too…

Pre-ordered 2 from TFAW when I saw them available. :wink:

1 Like

Which is funny cause sometimes I don’t even follow my own advice and miss out on hot books I ended up selecting in my own damn picks or highlights… :wink:

1 Like

Guys don’t fall for the Nottingham 1 2nd print ebay price. One person started listing the presale at $200 and then several others (could be same person) started doing it as well.

This is a straight up scam. I wouldn’t be surprised if you see a few sales by the seller’s cronies pumping up the price of the book.

9 Likes

Oh, that’s why I said… “people are nuts”… and yes, people are also nuts if they buy at that price. At least wait to see if you can score at the local shop for cover price before forking over that type of cash if you “want it that bad”…

So what you are saying is try to list a few of the ones i ordered from tfaw on there for 50% off and sneak some of that profit away?

1 Like

Yes :point_up_2: by undercutting those high rollers trying to be the first to list at ridiculous high prices to start them off at… :wink:

What’s even better is that neither of these are a genuine first appearance.

Go with cover A, Cray cray!

1 Like

“Fortunately, you can still purchase raw, high-grade copies on eBay for around $15.”

Not anymore. My copy sold for asking price of $40. I didn’t get a chance to turn down all the low ballers!

1 Like

wait on the Venom 3rd print. I saw Venom #3 CGC 9.8 sell for 350 yesterday so its def gonna be more affordable a couple to few months from now. hold on a bit longer if you really want it.

2 Likes

DONNY CATES BOOKS ARE ICE COLD

6 Likes

Agreed, just offloaded my 9.8s 2 weeks ago, will rebut them back later if the price drops.

1 Like

I see an OutKast meme, I give it a heart. Simple as that.

1 Like

Incredible Hulk 449 (1st Thunderbolts) has been moving higher since the Falcon show has started.
9.8s selling between $800 to $900.
Raw newsstands have been getting some good prices.

1 Like

I was eyeballing these about a year or two ago with much better prices. I guess I’m gonna miss out now…

Incredible Hulk #449 on eBay