Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

:man_shrugging:

By the time it shows up in my tfaw order I won’t be able to sell it for $12 :joy:

3 Likes

And chances are being IDW it’ll have numerous spine ticks. At least all my IDW’s shipped by TFAW have arrived that way the last shipment.

Aside from early Marvel books (including Uk) and convention issues, Transformers issues have practically no spec value (at this time). So it’s odd that this book is attracting attention.

I heard there was a first appearance…but there are so many other popular G1 character 1st that get no attention it’s hard to believe this book matters.

I picked one up from Midtown cause I liked the cover and story synopsis though.

1 Like

A few years ago at NYCC, I was able to hit the IDW booth before the general public were allowed in. Just about all their books were just utter crap. I think most were 9.0 and or worse… I mean I know if they arrived that way, not much they could do with any last minute replacements but no change in price, which was a total turn off. Not buying a con exclusive for $10+ when it’s got more creases and cracks than a 90 year old…

1 Like

none of there nycc have any spec value from what i can see.

The Moon Knight 1 JTC Negative Variant (Reedpop) are selling for $100+ raws

Thanks @Devildog @CRUZZER for sharing!

Last Reedpop variant was this summer: X-Men 1 JTC Negative Variant (Green Rogue) have settled also at $100+ raws

Since Moon Knight has more buzz should be interesting to see in couple months where price settles.

3 Likes

I am pretty sure I’ll be able to get mine signed by JTC, submitted for grading.
I’ll let you know when I get it…

I’ll list my 2 Curse Words gold foil one-per-store’s tonight. I see a bunch of people have already mentioned optioned in their listings. Thanks for the heads up.

I guess a good enough reason to start letting some of these avengers Arena books go

4 Likes

For whatever reason, Avengers Arena #1 is a book I’ve never come across. I’ve always held out thinking I’ll find it sometime. I’m all in, stocked up nicely on Elsa books, and even the older Bloodstone books, but need to add this one to the collection. Maybe this will force onto a wall at a shop or something.

1 Like

I was buying them from Midtown for months they’ve since dried up but I’m satisfied with the amount of copies procured. I’m not happy that I only located one newsstand copy though.

1 Like

@ToddW It was likely you that mentioned them at one point long ago. I certainly knew about from these forums and have been on the look out. It’s funny how some of the books that are really, really tough to find can be sitting in boxes routinely, but others like this one, just don’t ever fall into place for me.

Guess I just need to dig even more lol.

1 Like

I bought the last 15 copies from Midtown yesterday at 8:30 am prior to the KC alert so they were still available yesterday morning. Tons of first appearances in that issue, surprised it was in stock.

2 Likes

midtown still has them I think, just put an order in for 2

Eat the Rich #2 Error Cover is doing 2x cover price and up on eBay.

I just ordered 3 copies of Avengers Arena #1 for less than cover price off Midtown.

hate to say it but eat people, they are still selling for $17-21 on eBay

3 Likes

I tried to buy 25 yesterday and it reduced it to 15, bought the 15 and no more were showing online yesterday. Just checked, it was allowing 25 to check out. 10% off cover is a steal!

2 Likes

If all the copies have the error, its not an error…

1 Like

I was just able to order 14 from midtown. Put 25 in my cart and got adjusted to 14.