Moon Knight Speculation - Hunters Moon

Yes, if the print run isn’t favorable for a later printing, it’s not going to demand a higher value. DV #3 is sort of a rare case in terms of value.

1 Like

Not sure why it was needed to post the link to bleeding cool since we had the spoilers well before they did.

I’m surprised at how much I liked this book. I’ve never read Moon Knight before and only had a basic overview of who/what the character is. I did read Avengers 33-36, that was my first MK reading besides basic cliff note recaps.

Obviously there is a LOT of Batman flavor all over the character. The secret villain in the shadows, I can’t help but notice he seems to have a Joker-ish smile… maybe that is why I like, which is odd because one would think that is why I would be annoyed by it. However the Egyptian lore an Khonshu angle is actually pretty cool.

I still feel like Marvel took the Batman character and split him in half and made Moon Knight and Iron Man. Iron Man = Smart, tech genius, incredibly rich playboy Bruce Wayne as a hero. Moon Knight = Broken, angry, mentally unstable, he’ll bent on keeping his city safe Bruce Wayne (Batman) as a hero/anti-hero.

I’ll likely be buying issue 2 of Moon Knight to see where it goes.

5 Likes

I thought it was a solid 1st issue read. I’ll prob continue and see where it goes too. The covers have been nice too.

1 Like

Look at the 3rd Print of Venom 3 with Knull on the cover. 1st appearance with him on the cover. It was worth the same or more than the 1st print. I am getting both Moon Knight comics either way if a later printing of the #1 has Hunter Moon on the cover.

2 Likes

Yup I’m in for whatever covers drop additional prints and all. Enjoyed this issue a lot. I really like my NYC street heroes.

3 Likes

Sometimes I wish I was from NYC, so I had that deeper connection to Marvel.

3 Likes

You know it’s crazy u say that… I remember walking down to the marvel offices just knowing that’s where my comics came from. I’d be in Manhattan just imaging Spider-man swinging around. Fights and all that. And when some artist used actual landmarks made it even better.

1 Like

I’m here now. It’s not the same anymore.

4 Likes

Yeah I truly miss the old NY. When times square had peep shows and the city was a little grittier. The streamlining of NY doesnt really fit in some places.

2 Likes

It is like that now, lol. Just more gunshots.

4 Likes

loving these game variants

3 Likes

best game variant Ive seen :fire::fire::fire:

Isn’t that the time period that damn near killed NYC? I thought the city had to take out a huge loan to fix it up because it was basically one giant skid row.

1 Like

I’d imagine it isn’t all too different from the Bay Area and the People’s Republic of CA that I recently escaped. They literally have incentivised shop lifted by not prosecuting theft of under $1k. I would walk into Walgreens to pick up meds, milk, look at the Marvel Legends, etc and the shop lift siren would go off at least 1 time while I was there for all of 15 minutes.

3 Likes

Was Mob rule during that era. Besides the drugs and violence NY had a different vibe… culture to it. Idk hard to explain. But being a kid that ran around NYC in the 80s and was outside as a teenager in the early/mid 90s and compared to now it’s very different.

4 Likes

We keep having people die as a result of high speed chases for small shoplifting in TX. If less innocent people die and in exchange I have to hear a shoplifting alert it is worth it.

It’s just in the hands of a new mafia now. City Council Gambinos, Governor Lucchese, Mayor Columbos, etc etc. Follow the money.

5 Likes

Hunter’s moon sure was dispatched rather easily in issue 3. I can definitely see him becoming a hero eventually.

2 Likes

Maybe he’ll take over for Marc Spector sometime down the road, like Azrael and Batman.

2 Likes