Moon Knight Spoilers and Spec

Just a place to talk Moon Knight and keep the rest of the forum spoiler free.

1 Like

If anyone is looking for one of these a few cheap ones available

I wouldn’t buy Mystic Arcana Magik #1 it’s really the 5th appearance of Ammut in Marvel and came out 15 years after Savage Sword #196. I imagine Mystic Arcana has been mislabeled first appearance and pumped by some app or youtuber is why it’s selling. The character is a Sphinx made up of crocodile, hippo, lion, and leopard parts and also known as the Devourer Of The Dead. The character can shape shift into humans or inanimate objects and like a Sphinx asks riddles. The character appears in like 20+ panels and on the cover of Savage Sword Of Conan #196.

4 Likes

1st episode was alright. Moves fast. Doesnt feel like a MCU show.

No explanation of whats going on. Hopefully the show gets better.

1 Like

Well, I wasn’t going to pick up WWBN 32…but if Frenchie is coming…

1 Like

i liked it but im a sucker for Egyptology. Has some creep factor with Konshu. I can see why some are saying it’s all over the place but lets see, it’s just the 1st episode.

2 Likes

Loved it! Great first episode.

1 Like

I finished the first episode. It definitely is quite different from the comics but I’m used to that with the MCU. I have been a fan of the character since reading the Huston run when it was coming out and then devouring everything that came before and reading everything that came after as it came out. I liked the show and I am curious where it’s going to be going. I know better than to judge an MCU show based on the first episode too much after how it took Wandavision a little bit to get going and how Falcon and the Winter soldier was really slow at first and then picked up. I continue to be optimistic that I will overall be pleased with this show in other words. I know our opinions will vary on this first episode, I dug it though.

1 Like

First episode has me intrigued. No major spec issue stood out yet, unless those that missed the memo on Fist of Konshu #2 are going to chase Arthur Harrow first appearance.

1 Like

Moon Knight Black White Blood #1 Bjorn Barends – Frankie’s Comics (frankiescomics.com)

1 Like

As I have stated before, MK is my guy, so I am absolutely slanted in my views towards him. My wife watched it with me and she asked how I liked it, and I said it didn’t matter and wanted to know her thoughts. She thought it was pretty good, better than the start of Wandavision and Loki, maybe about the same as Falcon/Winter Soldier. Story lines like this normally confuse her, but she was tracking on it, not knowing bumpkis about the character. That bodes well!

I enjoyed it. Like @davidbitterbaum shared, it is different than what I would read, but would guess more of the badass is coming. Just happy to have the opportunity to see MK on TV. Pretty sweet!

1 Like

My honest opinion it had a really good last 2 minutes the rest of the episode was a waste of time.

1 Like

I got a kick out of Steve/Mark driving the cupcake truck backwards!

And the logs wiping out the henchmen…

I’m laughing then it was like ”OH!!! That had to hurt!”

I enjoyed it.

1 Like

I like the show. I hope it keeps picking up! Too bad my copies of vol 1, #1 are still at CGC. Maybe I’ll get them before season two.

2 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

Marvel Spotlight #28

https://www.cbr.com/moon-knight-writer-confirms-crawley-cameo/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&fbclid=IwAR0ViMK3NJ591KPOZiTbbXZyEXiJwfwiPZ6YfL-sL96h8kcWFa2_XnevaxI

Initially, I thought it was Ozzy :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Didnt he play one of the three detective guys on the Xfiles ?