NBA 2019-2020 Chatter and Discussion

Don’t count out the east POYO. SIXERS, RAPS, BUCKS, PISTONS, CELTICS it’s a long season. Injuries will come to play and some of those western teams aren’t very deep… Makes for great bball us fans win!

I think the Hawks are gonna be good…

Oh and Sixers are talented but Embiid needs to grow up. He’s very immature. He reminds me of a young Dwight Howard… and I don’t want to see him win until he matures a bit more. His fight tonight with Towns was just ridiculous. He was throwing punches in the air like it’s a big joke, smiling and laughing… dude has issues.

Let’s all never forget KAWHI and my RAPS made that man cry last playoff season… :grin: But seriously tho, that dude is super talented, but you’re absolutely right POYO. He’s 25 and it shows, he needs to mature about life and ball. I respect Philly. Always have, hell I even own a DR. J jersey… Had to, just as a fan of the history of the game… Embiid is no fighter what’s he thinking? Imagine him breaking a hand and losing a season like Blake Griffin?? Reckless, immature, selfish even… Again. I like him, but growing is necessary.

If the Lakers somehow generate points from their bench players, they might mess around and win the Finals this year. :lakers:

Meh, they should have lost last night to Mavs. Horrible non-call on Howard holding Curry on that last play to let them go into OT.

Calls are missed all the time in the NBA. Happy they got the win :grin: The Mavs will be a tough matchup for any team once the playoffs arrive.

It hurts when the calls that can make or break a game though are missed in the last 2 minutes. Sure calls are missed but that’s why when games are close and in the last seconds should be reviewed. The Mavs were in the bonus, that last shot to tie that game would have been called off and the Mavs would have gone to the free throw line to likely seal the game.

But you know, we all know who the better team is… since the Mavs got their revenge by snapping the Lakers win streak at home… Go DONCIC! Go :mavs:

:slight_smile:

I wasn’t a direct fan of Kobe Bryant but I can truly say as an NBA fan, the loss of Kobe Bryant is indeed a tragedy, losing one of the best so early in his life. Rest In Peace.

1 Like

RIP Mamba and Gigi.

Don’t fool yourself. Lakers 2020 NBA Champions!!! Lakers were the better team from the jump!! Mavs are at home watching Lebron & AD pop those champagne bottles!! :lakers:

Lakers suck. If the pandemic didn’t delay the season, we’d see a different champ. LeBron as usual has to surround himself with other All Stars to get that ring cause hes not the GOAT… A GOAT would have 10 rings and not 4… His record in the finals sucks… :wink:

1 Like

I actually don’t mind seeing most of the Lakers roster win a ring, except Dwight Howard… I don’t like that childish immature no more skills dude win a ring… All he does is foul and play dirty… and JR Smith? Did he even play? Dude shouldn’t get a ring just for taking a pay cut to follow his pal LeBron… meh…

1 Like

Skip Bayless has entered the chat…

1 Like

Yeah this NBA season just doesn’t feel the same to me for obvious reasons. Didn’t watch the playoffs nor finals and that never happens. Feel the same way about baseball.

The NFL however, does feel normal short of empty stands.

Meh… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

If “if” was a fifth, we’d all be drunk. Congratulations to Dwight Howard & Laker Nation!! Yup, the Lakers really must suck. I guess 17 championship banners don’t mean a thing.

I didn’t like how the Mavs were seeded. Going into the bubble, they were further down the ranks because they had 3 more games tallied over Houston, Jazz and Thunder. The NBA should have had a few teams play a few regular season to make the win % based on same amount of games played across the board, then see how they fair going into the playoffs. I know they did what they had to do but meh… it is what it is. I didn’t expect Doncic to carry the Mavs deep yet, but that day is coming. It also didn’t help that Porzingas got injured… the Mavs could have taken Clippers…

Add a second * to Lebrons title years due to shortened seasons… muhahahahaha… Dwight Howard might be a Laker but he still sucks! :wink:

If we are adding * maybe we can add a few to MJs resume too: 91 vs an old Lakers team, 92 vs an old Portland team, 93 an * for Paxson game ending/series ending jumper, 96 Gary Payton injured and 97 * for Kerr game ending/ series ending jumper. For all of the MJ revisionists here are MJs last Finals stats at the age of 34: 27 FGA/ game 33 4 2 43% from the floor. Pippen 13 FGA/game. Lebron at 35: 19 FGA/ game 30 12 9 59% from the floor. AD 17 FGA/ game. Jordan was DEFINTELY the goat ball hog. Hell, even at 39/40, he averaged 22 FGA and 18 FGA. :wink:

Well this sure escalated quickly :upside_down_face: