NBA 2019-2020 Chatter and Discussion

Who says MJ is the GOAT though? Sports writers? Meh… every generation has one star that stands out… there’s never a GOAT since different times and periods affect the way the game was played, etc.

I’m a Tarheel fan but I never jumped on the MJ bandwagon myself… We all know why he retired the first go round, the NBA can’t ban the best at the time for gambling… so they covered it up. You don’t win 3 championships and then retire to go play Single A baseball… :wink:

:joy: :rofl: :grinning:

I’m a Knicks fan…

(‘Nuff said…)

Oh, I’m sorry… you must kick yourself in the balls daily during the regular season. Your poor Knicks will continue to suck until that owner sells the team… :wink:

OMG, I too am a UNC fan! I never understood the worship of Jordan. He was a gifted scorer, well taking a ton of shots helps, and a wonderful defender. I have been a HEAT season ticket holder since their inaugural season. Saw Jordan play numerous times and of course I saw Lebron play a couple hundred times. IMO one is absolutely the epitome of a complete basketball player, and one a scoring machine who could also grind you out on the defensive end of the court.

Also, IMO Chamberlain is the GOAT. The greatest athlete to ever step on a court. He simply couldn’t beat the Celtics teams that had anywhere from 5- 9 (yes, 9 !) HOFers. Would love to have seen him abuse Centers of other eras.

Don’t worry LaMelo Ball is going to save them :rofl: :slightly_smiling_face: :joy: :rofl:

And Oscar Robertson… the king of triple doubles…

Haha… if I was a NBA owner I wouldn’t draft any of the Ball brothers cause I don’t want to have to deal with their moron of a dad…

It’s terrible and brings much inner pain.

I used to go to the Garden a lot. At one point it became so dreadfully obvious that they did not mind being bad. 33% of the crowd were tourists or there for the other squad (maybe almost 50% for more popular teams).

I had been to a game every year since ‘86-‘87. About 4 years ago I decided to stop giving them money and I’ve not been back for an NBA game since (although I still go see Phish there!).

The kid shot 37% from the floor and 25% from 3 in the NBL. I understand he is young, but my goodness if Lonzo’s shooting scares people, then Lamelo’s is frightening.

Sure did, and I love it. Lakers champions of 2020!! I’m going to keep screaming that. Most organizations can’t do what the Lakers do.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night. LeBron is getting old, if they didn’t get their 3 month break, ya’ll would have no ring cause we all know AD can’t do it on his talents, it’s a reason he jumped ship to join LeBron cause LeBron needs All Stars by his side to win. Yeah, he’s good but he just can’t win without All Stars. His age is going to catch up with him though… nobody can win against father time… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anthony Davis will bail for the next player that helps him get his ring or just get injured… so enjoy it while it lasts…

But seriously, the Lakers draw in good players cause of their location. Can’t dispute that fact. It’s a reason LeBron picked LA… he wants to go into film when he retires.

Lonzo’s scared me cause that shot of his was just awful looking… I didn’t watch much of him in NO but didn’t he change it up cause he was vulnerable to getting blocked with his previous style?

He did, and he did shoot better with a respectable 37.5% 3P%. I think both brothers are meant to be facilitators like Jason Kidd was. Adding some scoring when needed.

Would’ve had no ring? How? They were #1 in the West before the pandemic & if I’m correct, they were 1 game behind the Bucks for best record in the NBA at that time. The Lakers were clicking on all cylinders before the pandemic hit. Not their fault that a pandemic happened. Lakers would’ve won no matter what.

You can’t say that with 100% certainty. I think Heat got hot at right time but went further than they should have. If the Bucks apparently didn’t get cocky about their lead in the league, they probably should have won it as they would have been a beast for the Lakers to go up against.

Also, the Raptors had a better win-loss than the Lakers did. Lakers were 3rd best record league wide…

nba_regular_season_2020

Better check your stats again…

I also think the Celtics if they made it would have gone on to win. They whooped the Lakers ass in the regular season… :wink:

I also think if the Clippers didn’t end up sucking their last round and made it, Lakers really had no answer for them during the regular season.

Nah, you can go check your stats because the Lakers were #2 before the pandemic hit. Season went to a halt after March 11th. Raptors weren’t #2

True but they played regular season games that counted afterwards in the bubble… check your stats, those games count towards regular season. :wink:

Yea, but if you go back to my previous comments, I was talking about pre-pandemic standings. Lakers were right behind the Bucks. The Lakers didn’t go all-out for those regular season bubble games. Why did they need to? They had the 1st seed already locked.