New character Miracle Molly in Batman

1 Like

Looks like a giant PITA to draw in sequential art.

But a great candidate for Goodwill Cosplay of the Year.

1 Like

Looks cyber-punky. Says her first cameo app (though it sounds like multiple panels) is Batman 106, and then her ā€œfirst giant fullā€ along with cover and variant covers will be 108.

Reading through that is a pain, Tynion must love to hear himself talk, or type geez.

Itā€™s like Billie Eilish threw up a whole bag of Sour Patch Kids.

5 Likes

If ever I was going to be put off a new character by a poor costumeā€¦itā€™s now

1 Like

That scarecrow, though:

3 Likes

Looks like heā€™s about to drop the most fire album ever

5 Likes

Itā€™s going to be drum and bass.

Now, that Scarecrow is superb!

1 Like

Almost no one draws with pencil and paper anymore. Itā€™s all computer programs that will likely auto fill the patterns on the shirt, pants, jacket.

This is how they did that Gwen / MJ cover where each of them was wearing a shirt with a different ASM cover.

Yes, I think itā€™s glaringly obvious Jorge Jimenez draws digitally with a design like this. And I like his work, and most of his character designs thus far. This design is just really busy, though. I think itā€™s going to age like milk.

The Flatline character upcoming in Robin is a design Iā€™d point to that is also uber-trendy and made with cosplayers in mind that is much more successful than this Miracle Molly (if thatā€™s going to be her main costume).

Right after he alerts the stormtroopers to the landing bay with the millennium falcon in it.

Is Flatline the lady that has a Punisher-esque skull on her face?

Edit: I Google it, found the answer lol. Now I want the 1:25 haha.

2 Likes

It dropped the other day on tfaw, watch for FOC day for it.

Miracle Molly first cover/full appearance Batman #108
Cover A Jorge Jimenez

Cover B Art Germ

9 Likes

Artgerm homaged himself with that cover B.

1 Like

Iā€™d do her. :wink:

1 Like

She looks like a fun character. I hope her origin and introduction are well written. Iā€™m getting a ā€˜Boom Boom attitudeā€™ vibe from the pics. :bat:

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna be Debbie Downer and say one thingā€¦ Itā€™s Tynionā€¦ I canā€™t write that well so I just keep introducing new characters so people buy my booksā€¦ Thatā€™s my opinion thoughā€¦ Buy low, sell high and particularly to those with FOMOā€¦ :wink:

3 Likes