New character Miracle Molly in Batman

Full art and process from Jiminez’s Instagram:

1 Like

Did I miss it on TFAW?

I don’t think this issue has been solicited yet. Should be in the next catalog.

Looks pretty cool to me. Pretty sure I met that girl at an EDM Fest in Belgium.

3 Likes

I think we all met Molly at an EDM festival in Belgium.

7 Likes

All he seems to do is push new characters with DC. On the other hand, Department of Truth and SiKTC is amazing.

1 Like

In his defense he recently argued that comic writers should be in the business of writing new characters into the universes. If not, what are they really doing? I tend to agree with that position after reading Spencer’s reshuffling of chess pieces in ASM for 56 issues.

8 Likes

On some level, it’s got to be kinda boring to write a book with such established characters and settings if you can’t change either the setting or the characters up. I guess you could do the daytime soaps trope (or at least the Futurama version of them) and give a rotating cast of characters explosive amnesia, but I bet no one wants to write a “madlibs” book:

This month in Batman, _________ will discover/re-discover (choose one) a __________, that they will use to imprison/emasculate/besmirch/take over/attack (choose one) Gotham/Batman/some sidekick (choose one). Batman is on the ropes and only has ___________ days/hours (choose one) to find a solution or Gotham/Batman/some sidekick (choose same one as before) is finished.

Or… invent a new character that changes up the equation!

2 Likes

I understand the process of introducing new characters but a really great writer can captivate and use existing characters or even nobodies within the story that aren’t that prominent. I honestly think Tynion is only making his new characters a bigger deal because he’s playing the speculation crowd, focus on the new characters and not so much on the story within… his Batman run has fallen flat for the most part… and for F sake, he introduced a character with MC Hammer pants… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I think the best book to get will be the batman #106 1:25. Retailers will be loading up on #108.

2 Likes

Yeah, I can’t defend the Hammer Pants.

I guess my stance is, introduce new characters in the story but don’t make a big deal over them… let the consumers, readers, collectors decide if they character is awesome with organic growth…Tynion seems to just want to make new characters and wants us all to love them immediately, throwing them on covers, talking about them in his blog, etc… and we know nothing about them but small tidbits of info he’s feeding us… he’s playing you wooky… :wink:

10 Likes

That federicci is so much better than her full on Jojo Bizarre Adventures color outfit. Simplicity at it’s finest

1 Like

I love great looking pencil sketches… Federici is very underrated I think…

2 Likes

These Federicci ones are way better than the design ones they were doing

1 Like

:rofl:

And watch they milk the hell out if the federici sketch covers the same way.

2 Likes

And when they do, they will find another gimmick for ratios and milk it as well.

1 Like

And the sun rises and sets everyday

1 Like