New Spider-Verse comic series

"Marvel has decided to do the unthinkable, go big, and bring the saga of the comic book Spider-Verse to a fiery conclusion,” Slott told Polygon via email. “Yes, that’s right. Later this year we shall all bear witness to THE END OF THE SPIDER-VERSE!”
"Of course, few things ever truly end in the never-ending world of superhero comics, but pretending like they will is half the fun. “If you ask me, it’s madness,” Slott waxed enthusiastic. “Why would they do this? WHY? They could’ve milked this spider-cash-cow for decades. That said, if you are going to do it, going all-out in a blaze of glory is definitely the way to go!”
“But before the end of the Spider-Verse will come a new Edge of Spider-Verse , a spiritual sequel to the 2014 anthology of the same name that tied in to the original Spider-Verse crossover, expanding on the backstories of different Spider-Persons from alternate universes. Hitting shelves in August, the new Edge of Spider-Verse is an opportunity for various creators to add new characters to Spider-Man’s multiverse in the same way that now famous characters like Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider, Peni Parker, and Spider-Man Noir were introduced.”

6 Likes

the new Edge of Spider-Verse looks rad.

4 Likes

Edge or End?

Never mind….they’re going back to the edge before the end…

I can’t keep up with all the spiders…too
Many spiders….

1 Like

They need to make a Pokémon-style spinoff game where we collect spider characters to fight.

3 Likes

IMG_20220510_171946_301
I’m HYPE!!

7 Likes

I don’t like it, sounds too much like… Knight Rider… awwww… yeah!!!

That purrs like a kitten too.

So is this more important now there’s also ASM 607 where she’s wearing the spider shirt on the cover.

1 Like

Immortal X-Men #2 (Andrews Spider-Man Variant)
Comes out next week.

This is Emma Frost though, yeah?

3 Likes

Looks like black cat to me she’s got a whip like catwoman. But I could be wrong it is an X-men book.

The cape, boots, and white clothes make me think Frost. Plus it’s an X-Men book. These Spider-Man covers usually feature a character relevant to the book.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s the spider-man variant. They’re turning a character from the title mashed up with spider-man suit, etc.

1 Like

its emma, artist says so on her Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CY6zv-KFcXJ/

2 Likes

Kaare is a guy by the way… :wink:

3 Likes

1 Like

From CBR article:

Blockquote Edge of Spider-Verse is a new five-issue series launching in August. Marvel previously published a similar anthology series of the same name back in 2014. The new Edge of Spider-Verse run will introduce a number of brand new Spider-heroes, as well as reacquaint fans with some fan-favorite characters such as Araña, Spider-Man Noir, Spider-Gwen and Spider-Man: India. Each issue will contain three separate stories full of new debuts and surprises. Later in 2022, Marvel and Dan Slott will then debut End of the Spider-Verse , which marks the concluding chapter of the Spider-Verse story.

Why make one good new character when you can throw a zillion on the wall and see what sticks! There will be a ton of covers and each new character will undoubtedly get a cover.

4 Likes

I’d ride Night Spider!..I mean Knight Rider!..wait…both?

1 Like

And then start a new series - ‘END of …’.

Probably will lead to ‘Crisis in the Multiverse’, and then ‘Muti-Crisis…’, ‘Dark Crisis…’, ‘Final Crisis …’, ‘New Crisis…’ and so on.

But I am a sucker, and will probably buy some based on spec and cover art :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Crises are for DC, Wars are for Marvel. Prepare for War of the Spider-Verse.

2 Likes