New Spider-Verse comic series

DC has Wars, too.

Shadow War, Robin War, Joker War, War of Jokes and Riddles, etc.

1 Like

War of the Gods

1 Like

As much as I’m making fun of this, I will likely be spending a some cash…

2 Likes

Anybody know when we can pre-order these covers?

1 Like

might be a few weeks till new catalog gets uploaded,

2 Likes

https://www.cbr.com/first-gay-spider-man-web-weaver-latest-verse-variant-marvel/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&fbclid=IwAR10SYB0XtEurLfSUlTRds3IcoPcVaLfiMIGVR-gITPh4mG8YxxgVBXJsQQ

Smh. Nobody cares who comic characters have sex with. Why does Marvel and DC use that as a selling point???

The headline could easily be " Marvel Introduces a new Spider-Man as the Latest Spider-Verse Variant "

4 Likes

I mean, the first LGBTQ Spidey is kinda cool and I feel worth promoting. Especially nowadays as LGBTQ people face hate at a level reminiscent of decades ago.

1 Like

How many Spider-Man derivatives do we have again? 100? 200?

1 Like

I’m still waiting for the Batman Superman wedding, it will eventually happen.

5 Likes

“His fearlessly femme identity is central to who he is”

They are right for each other. You can cut the sexual tension with a knife when they work together…

2 Likes

Too many, I often think, and yet I remind myself we still have Spider-Man Classic and it doesn’t actually hurt anything to have a million knock-offs. It only helps Marvel if some characters happen to catch on. And the more Spiders they create, the more unrealistic it is to have them all be straight.

3 Likes

Yup - too many indeed.

I didn’t realize Spider-Ham and Spider-Monkey were straight though. Gosh - gotta go back to reading all these stories. Marvel comics is putting out such great content lately and I’m so far behind. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Sadly for some of us, nope we don’t care but for others, yes. It helps the readers identify with the character when reading the stories, etc. This is why it’s a selling point.

4 Likes

The only thing I don’t like about this, is the stereotypical/prejudiced look they created - as if to say gay people are a caricature when they aren’t and are just literally normal people…

1 Like

i dont mind them changing character orientations or trying new things. if the creator never said anything about the character’s sexuality, it would have been better. let readers discover these characters on their own. why do we need to be told about these characters before we even open the books to read them? smh

1 Like

Yeah, I kind of agree. This is why people being gay, lesbian, trans, etc is all just normal to me. You’re human and I’m gonna treat you like every other human, and defend your equal rights you deserve as well. (FYI, my mom is gay so growing up most of my life around gay people is just no biggie to me).

9 Likes

This, exactly… almost every cover I see they are laughing, rolling around and hanging on each other without a care in the world. It really doesn’t appear from the outside like a fair or accurate representation of that community.

It’s the flamboyant gay men wearing thongs (and other crazy outfits) that make the headlines during pride month and parades but most of the other gay community are not like this and kind of roll their eyes at those who are “putting on a show”…

1 Like