New Variant Ratios on TFAW

cbcs seem to have better control with grading, however there cases suck compared to cgc. if they got new cases and labels they could do so much more business

I know I preach this a lot but this for me poses the actual problem with slabs. Are people buying the slab or the books in the slab? For me, when I actually do purchase a slabbed book, the #1 priority for me is, do I like the looks of the book on the inside or not? The case and definitely the label itself is always last on the priority list when deciding to buy it or not.

But we should probably take this back to the numerous slab topics we already got going on instead of in this TFAW ratio topic… :wink:

1 Like

If it’s a good enough book, the label could be a piece of used toilet paper, and the holder could be a taped together ziploc bag for all I care.

2 Likes

I buy comic books… not plastic with paper inserts… :wink:

1 Like

I don’t know what it is but all my cgc slabs have that annoying problem where they like shake and rattle slightly. Not a problem on my pgx or cbcs books

1 Like

Let’s revive the old topic To Slab or Not To Slab, That is the Question! for all these slab comments. Thanks.

They have cases nearly identical to CGC now (minus Newton ring and “mold spots” now). It’s been that way for over a year.

Labels are intentionally “bland” in order not to detract attention from the book. That’s why they’re not changing them to look more like CGc.

1 Like

Actually, this is more a CGC vs CBCS thread?

Okay, let’s revive that one too instead of hijacking a topic that has nothing to do with Slabbing and their WOES! :wink:

1 Like

You have the power to move this portion of the thread over there.

2 Likes

So do you turd blossom!

1 Like

He’s too busy finding relevant gifs to post ok :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

2 Likes

Maybe I should demote you and promote @davidbitterbaum to mod status… over there playing peacekeeper in another topic. :wink:

1 Like

You mean My role is NOT instigating…?

Aw crap.

You can always make me a mod but let @D-Rog keep it too. I think I’d be a good mod and not get drunk on power and demand everyone sing me classic Andy Williams’ songs or get hit with the ban-hammer. I think.

Oh man, I’ll promote you only if you do make people sing you classic Andy Williams songs… :wink:

So much for this

I just get drunk on beer. Power does not excite me…if anything for me it’s just more responsibility…

1 Like

Drops …