New Variant Ratios on TFAW

Welp I raised my tfaw shadecraft to 199.99 thinking no one was going to buy it and someone offered $175 just now so I sold it

3 Likes

Yep itā€™s printed on tempered glass

:eyes: tempting to pre-sale mineā€¦or should I wait till the Netflix trailer dropsā€¦hmmm

:open_mouth:

If you mean listing and selling before you have it in hand, the answer is no. At least for me. I donā€™t like the hassle of canceling and refunding an order because it came in dinged up or damaged.

Edit: The buyer may think you canceled because the book is more valuable than when they bought it. Also donā€™t like having cancellations on my eBay account.

2 Likes

only 2 store exclusives, and the other one is complete garbage

2 Likes

Holy hell :flushed:

Ugh, I hope my two show up some time. My order has been processing for a week. =/

@ToddW is right I am taking a risk by doing pre-sales. I donā€™t do a lot of them. Itā€™s mostly just ratio variants I happen to get ahold of from TFAW and some TFAW exclusives. I would sell Shadecrafts as soon as you feel comfortable selling them. If that means waiting until they are in hand so be it. Unless the show is a major hit I canā€™t imagine they are going to sustain this kind of hype. Right now I am sure it is just FOMO. Thereā€™s a chance I could have held on for a while and sold it for $500 when a trailer comes but thereā€™s also a chance the trailer makes them lose value. I spent $30 and made back $270. I took my money and ran and am out of the Shadecraft game lol

2 Likes

Normally, the best time to sell is right around the trailer.

1 Like

If that ever happens (thereā€™s always a likely chance it never happens as well)ā€¦ the other best time to sell is when the announcment of option or media is madeā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

Think about this, Henderson is the same guy who did Skyward. They announced a media deal shortly after it was releasedā€¦ weā€™re still awaiting for that ā€œtrailerā€ā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

I just sold all my black widow books when the trailer dropped. I actually bought king shark after that trailer and will sell closer to the movie. Shadecraft TFAW will either get sold right away or fast tracked to CGC depending on condition and then sold right away.

The trailer for this is so far off (if it ever even happens) that Iā€™ll sell now. People are buying this for the cover also so I think it will hold some value for a while.

Iā€™m not saying selling after the trailer is not a good time to sell, as it is. My issue is, how many books get ā€œoptionedā€ but never actually make it to our screens? If you hold for too long, you might miss out entirely.

I sold Skyward at time of media deal/option for quick flip and nice profit, that paid for all my paid copies as well. I held one copy back for time of trailer or it actually makes it to our screens. Thatā€™s the best way to do it. Make profit now, hold one for future potential and if it doesnā€™t, your copy is already done paid forā€¦

2 Likes

I was agreeing with I just think it depends, I think the option, casting announcement, trailer and release are all good times to sell.

They may also be good times to buy depending on what you think will actually happen after them.

I also try and have a plan for books I buy so I know Iā€™m either selling them at an option or at the trailer and then I donā€™t look back.

I use to be able to count on tfaw to ship my orders in a timely matter and start to presale items 3 days before my order arrived. But something has gone to shit the last two months, before my orders would process Weds ship by Friday and with 2 day shipping receive my order on Monday. Now my orders processes on weds doesnā€™t ship for a week or two and makes me paying for 2 day shipping completely pointless and a waste if they are taking weeks to hand my order to FedEx. So beware you can only walk that presale tight rope so long until something out of your control starts making problems.

10 Likes

Plus the shipping cost is more than double what it should be.

5 Likes

I love TFAWā€™s prices and ordering system but the shipping kills me. My latest order has been processing since 3/25 and once it actually ships it will be another 2 weeks before it arrives.

3 Likes

The shipping is actually slower than media and costs twice as much.

6 Likes

Yup my most recent order has been processing since March 25th, STILL not shipped yet. And the order before this was in DHL hands for 2+ weeks in the shipping process. Tfaw orders are now routinely taking 1 month+ just to be processed and shipped, absolutely ridiculous. I know there were slowdowns with the winter storm but that was a month ago now, should not take them 2 weeks to gather my order up throughout the warehouse, it canā€™t be that big.

3 Likes