New Variant Ratios on TFAW

You can do “estimate pre-orders”. I think the past few weeks were messed up cause they had so many delays with Diamond and weather that caused some weeks to get processed a week late, etc.

Agreed the Delatto is sexy. Digging the Pichelli Miles glad I ordered.

1 Like

If you’ve got your pre-orders set to go on a debit card, I would switch them to a credit card with a high enough available balance to cover your usual order amounts…

This is just solid personal finance advice.

That would be a first.

They just have it out for you. :grin:

Granted i don’t send media mail anymore except for lots of generally worthless comics I just want out of my house that someone is willing to pay shipping and cover eBay fees, but in 20 years I’ve been caught once…and they made the buyer pay the difference.

Obviously I reimbursed them.

I just don’t like the thought of them inspecting packages when I’m trying to ship NM or higher comics. Too much liability there.

I ship media mail still where I can but I think I never get inspected because I don’t ship mine in a Gemini that has “Comic” displayed on it, nor does anything on the label indicate it’s a comic… and it’s always packed as if there’s just paper or a book inside, so it gives them zero reason to inspect.

The longer it’s in someone else’s hands the better the chances it gets damaged. In my experience most of my damages have been sent Media Mail. I send everything Priority Mail or sometimes First Class.

1 Like

Purchase insurance. They make sure those never get damaged or lost.

1 Like

That’s a fair assumption, longer shipping time equals more chance for damage, however that’s not what most people say. They act like USPS looks at the label and treats them tougher than other packages.

1 Like

I also use media mail for cheaper comics…and not knowing it was not kosher, I actually told the post office employee what I was shipping (because I am there every single morning). It just came up in casual conversation. I might shift to priority / first class to get the comics in the hands of the customers faster, but a lot of times people don’t want to pay for speed…and the competition is using media mail for sure (as seen by the posts with $2.89 shipping fees).

So far I have not had a single issue after shipping quite a few comics. Here is a pic of my packaging :slight_smile:

1 Like

Media mail was always the way I used to sell my books. Once I sell again, I am switching to first class though.

My biggest problem with USPS is when my normal mailman has the day off. I’ll get packages folded in half and stuck in the mail box even though I have two mail boxes one really large one. They also deliver my packages to the neighbor, the bushes on the side of the house, the washing machine on the back of the house lol wherever they feel like throwing them. My normal postman delivers all my packages to the door and even takes the time to knock if he sees the cars in the drive way.

In my experience it doesn’t matter how you ship it your package is gonna get damaged if the damage gods deem it so. Media, first class, Priority. It doesn’t matter. They’re gonna toss them into the pile as hard and without care the same as any package.

Everything gets insurance regardless.

That’s why I like selling on mercari all their labels come with $200 insurance for free. 98% of my sales are below $200. Even better you get the damaged book back and the insurance the buyer doesn’t get to keep it.

I once had to take a package to the post office and mailed via media mail (it was a indie comic). The post person was asking their normal questions… any liquids, etc… I’m like… nope, only thing in this package is paper. He was then like, oh, if it’s paper, you can mail via media mail if you’re sending paper. I replied with, the book is made of paper. He smiled and was like… right!

1 Like

I don’t bother if it’s under a $100 item.

I actually only use Mercari now so all my recent solds are now First Class or Priority since they won’t do Media Mail as option.

I have them hold all my packages. I’m literally a 5 minute walk from my post office though. One package of comics was able to slip through when my regular carrier was off but I just had them come and remove the package from my box. The back opening where they deliver mail is bigger in the back than the front. So they were easily able to slide it into my box (I hope someone goes there) but I couldn’t get it out from the front where my access is.

If a book costs $50 or more, I send Priority Flat Rate, insurance included. I don’t add extra insurance until it’s over $100.