New Variant Ratios on TFAW

I’m gonna keep my "adding " page as is in hopes it actually finishes the SQL DB connection to add my shit… :wink:

1 Like

I got 2!!! Thank you!!

Alright, I was able to load the page again, clicked ADD and it said it’s already in my cart. If anyone wants one, just Paypal me $100 and I’ll give you one by dropping it from my cart… Muhahahahahaha…

1 Like

Love it.

I was able to add mine, whew!

1 Like

Got 2. Thanks everyone for the help. This thread is awesome!

1 Like

I totally forgot about it as I had a call at 2:30
(I guess I did work a little today) but was still able to add a second copy.

2 Likes

We really try to make sure everyone can get them, not one person grabbing up all of them

5 Likes

Just grabbed 2… Niiiiiiiice!

1 Like

Did the bots give up?

Couldn’t have been bots trying to buy the comic. There were far too many left and it’s still available to add.

Sounds like some a-holes just trying to attack the website while the book was dropping.

All seems pretty damn odd to me tbh… like I said earlier in this thread… there were more limited store variants with “better” art that didn’t face this sort of attack. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Agreed. I’m not sure why bots would be interested to begin with, no offense.

1 Like

I’ve posted proof on a different thread a while back, of a reselling group buying out an exclusive themselves to mark it up on the secondary market (it was a CBE star wars exclusive #3 I think). If there’s money to be made, they will buy things out, look at Pokemon cards at the moment, bots buying out all stores online to resell. Don’t be so naive that they don’t do the same with comics.

Yeah, my kid wanted some Pokemon cards and were told at multiple places they’re out. He wanted to buy online and I was like nope, just wait… don’t pay the inflated prices online.

Ehh… bots would’ve eaten alot more than 25% of the supply.

No one’s saying a-holes don’t use bots to buy up limited releases.

But I’m sure as hell saying that it did not happen with this release.

1 Like

Well now that we are getting more of the picture from TFAW, seems like that wasn’t necessarily the case here I agree with you. I was just going off the context clues around what was happening at the first drop earlier before tfaw spoke out on Twitter.

2 Likes

100% agree. If bots were involved, it just seems like a poor job of it. Yes it was slow, but seems like we all still got 1 or 2 copies. If trying to corner the market, swiping up 600 copies should be nothing for bots.

My point was, I’m not sure why there would be such strong interest in the Malavia exclusive, that’s all. I’ve been a buyer of sports cards for many many years and the competition of buying boxes at “regular” prices has been literally impossible due to bot activity. This was nothing near that.

1 Like

Yeah I mean bots are capable of wiping out thousands of inventory items within mere seconds… we wouldn’t have had 455 copies of the book left for the second round if they were actively attempting to cart during round 1 - no way. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Unless they wiped out orders from the same IP address with different names.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if the bots started, the servers crashed and TFAW admins recognized a lot of orders coming from same IP so they blocked them?