New Variant Ratios on TFAW

I grabbed the Star Wars before it sold out again.

1 Like

Hopefully they reveal it before foc.

I have no Yuā€¦

Late to the game. Had a busy day at work. Oh well. Maybe next week.

Transformers Beast Wars #2 (Retailer 10 Copy Incentive Variant)

Available again.

I wasnā€™t asking who still had oneā€¦but if everyone picked up the one copy floating amongst us and subsequently dropped it. Seems like we had a game of hot potato going for a but thereā€¦kinda fun.

I looked to see if anyone was looking for it before I dropped it, but didnā€™t see anyone in the more recent posts saying they missed outā€¦so I just dropped it.

Then realized it still had a week before FOC and tried to get it backā€¦but it was already scooped up! Less than a minute later.

Sorry, man,

What a freaking day in the New Variant Ratios on TFAW forum eh?!

2 Likes

Yeah it was crazy. My fingers were getting a work out getting all those links up.

2 Likes

Thank you all for the links yesterday! I made out well for being a bit late.

1 Like

Someone explain to me why so many places and shops out the gate asking crazy prices for ratios? Like $20 for a 1:10 and $100 for a 1:25. I get on some titles it can be risky and can hurt the shop but it seems like EVERY ratio is going for more than it is and becomes very hard to find, which is partly because presale prices are so high

1 Like

My guess is they think theyā€™re otherwise leaving money on the table. Itā€™s disheartening, though.

1 Like

No worries. A good samaritan helped out and I nabbed a Yu from TFAw

Itā€™s really a case by case scenario tbh. For some stores, being able to sell incentives at a higher price is a really important part of their income. Especially if itā€™s a small LCS, and theyā€™re only getting incentives based on what they order (and not ordering JUST to get incentives).

Other stores are just trying to maximize profit and make the most money. And itā€™s up to them to find the balance between getting the most money on variants without driving away customers or sitting on slow moving/non-moving stock.

The only ones I personally have a problem with are stores that order tons of regular covers and sell them below cost JUST to get more variants to sell at a higher price.

3 Likes

More often the book is left behind the counterā€¦collecting dust and deteriorating from natural light.

1 Like

Itā€™s probably the best idea to move your inventory asap to avoid the inventory taking up your profit. The balance is to hard to achieve consistently if one is charging market prices on variants. One better be really good at it because they will likely lose customers as a result.

Tfaw STAR Wars High Republic #3

on sale Thurs!!

2 Likes

I donā€™t know how many stores I have seen that have no longer hot variants sitting on the wall at 2x-3x current market because they priced them the day they came in.

Typical scenario:
-You have Super-Fly Guy #1 1:25 Homage Variant up on the wall for $75. Would you consider doing like $25

-I canā€™t thatā€™s what they go for on eBay.

-No they donā€™t most recent closed sales were in the $20-$22 range plus shipping so that $25 offer is just about right

-I see you have back issues in your hand, let me check eBay to see what they currently sell for

-But you wonā€™t check eBay for that over priced ratio variant, you know what, never mind. I will just shop down the street

5 Likes

Thats a cool cover.

1 Like

Yeeeah man.

Cool cover and I will pick it up, but that scene happened in issue 1, those bugs arent around anymore and wonā€™t be in issue 3ā€¦