New Variant Ratios on TFAW

The shop down the street does this not only with variants, but Cover A’s as well. These sit in this little glass case for months. They still have a 1:25 Dark Nights Death Metal: LOTDK #1 for $199.00. I have a 9.8 I can’t get rid of for $169.99… ???

I don’t know what they are thinking…

1 Like

Because shops that jack up prices love to keep at such prices. They claim they run a business and gotta pay the bills, quick to price according to the secondary market but when the market comes down, they seem to forget in how to adjust their prices accordingly… They operate on a one way street when they should be operating like it’s a two way street…

1 Like

Yeah, I just see money left on the table. They could have gotten a decent price for it back then, and rotated their inventory multiple times over, creating more cash than that 1 comic will sell for (if anyone ever pays that price). Most likely it will sit there though…

1 Like

I’ve visited shops that have many long boxes of the “ratio variants” they couldn’t sell and while you sort through them, you realize quickly why they never sold them and likely never will (until that huge 50% or bigger sale on them) as most are priced way too high… like I said, lots of shops operating on one way street… it’s only going up… not back down!

3 Likes

They don’t have a head for business. That’s key at the top.

1 Like

When you have retailers stopping by CHU and commenting that “If anyone is going to score on a hot book, it’s gonna be me!”, all you’re doing with that mentality is driving business away. If I was a retailer, I would do everything in my power to get more and more customers. Yes, the regular loyal customers are great but if you want your business to thrive, flourish and grow, listen to your customers (who might also be speculators)… do your customers and future customers right and you win them for life in coming back.

4 Likes

That store I told you got sold sent up major red flags to me the other day. I haven’t actually been to an LCS for weeks since I found out my favorite purveyor was selling. TFAW has been my LCS since.

I went in there Hulk annual 2011 hunting and asked them about variant pre-orders. They said that if you get on their pull list, you’ll be offered the ratio variants in the order you are on the pull list. So if you’re number 1, you get first right of refusal. Number 2 and number 1 wants it? Too bad. If you’re on the pull list, price is 60% of ratio, so not bad. In the realm of TFAW prices.

But once it hits the shelves he said it’s “market price.” Oooh dog. What market? Are we talking $100 1:25s on day of release? Phew. Not dealing with that bullshit.

4 Likes

That sounds like a lot of work trying to line up all the ratios each week and going down a list of all potential buyers until one says “yeah, I’ll take it.”

It would be worth it to say yes to everything just to save it from becoming subject to “market.”

Does tfaw usually process on Thursdays, now?

DC will probably process mostly on Thursday this week because of their FOC. But it’s still largely Mondays.

1 Like

Sometimes. Last two weeks it’s been on Wednesdays but has been later in the day.

1 Like

When does Valiant process?

Oh, for orders not for processing incentive numbers. Got it!

Usually in the winter it’s safe to assume Wednesday or Thursday morning for processing, especially when there’s storms or snow. With all of the mountains the freight has to cross it just adds more weather delays on top of COVID delays we’ve been dealing with in getting our shipments to us.

I was talking about when are Valiant incentives listed on the website.

No set time or day for incentives. Gotta check k daily more or less

Radiant Black #1 (Cover E - (Retailer 25 Copy Incentive Variant) Finch Reyes & Costa)
Radiant Black #1 (Cover D - (Retailer 10 Copy Incentive Variant

Venom #35 (Js Campbell Variant) 200th Issue 1:50

Cart Drop.

1 Like

So wishing for a M6 Bermejo to magically appear, what amazing cover :fire:

2 Likes

I Breathed a Body #1 1:15 Variant is back in stock. These are less than cover price. Good margin for a flip

2 Likes