New Venom character Codex

I’m aware of the future arc, I’m just afraid to speculate beyond what we know when spending other people’s money.

1 Like

Yup, too soon to say what they meant by “future venom”… my guess is based on the story thus far… New universe, looks like a future run by symbiotes… It can all change with the next issue…

1 Like

I typically go for the official releases as they do tend to maintain better value. But yes, sometimes I do just want an exclusive due to it looking cool.

I feel as though I’m seeing more interest in the Virus character, but for some reason, I’m actually more interested in the Codex character. Which is a bit odd since we don’t have much info on him, I guess we’ll see

I’m with you on your preference to “Codex.” He seems to be higher up the food chain with more legs.

I think the pendulum will swing once we know more.

I do get the higher up the food chain vibe as well. I may be reaching a bit on this character to justify loading up on Venom 25 / 2nd print. I picked up 3x of the trade version and 4x of the virgin, which I typically try not to do too often.

I went a little crazy on him.

116 # 25 second prints
114 # 26 NGU 300 Homage Variant
70 # 26 Kirkham Secret Trade Variants
54 #26 Kirkham Secret Virgin Variants
51 #27 Kirkham Mystery Trade Variants

It’s been a rough month for my finances … lol.

Well now I feel like I’m too light, haha. I may try to get my total of Venom 25 2nd print up to 10 total. I also have one copy of the Venom 26 Lee variant, which is actually one of the only store exclusive covers I own

venom 25 will be the book for codex i feel, the 2nd print, cover A 1st print, and maybe the 3rd print 1:25. i add the 3rd print incentive cause cover A of that is so god awful the incentive should be kind of scarce

1 Like

The Lee is sexy too…

I don’t think you can go wrong with getting more Venom 25 second prints.

1 Like

Luckily I have a Venom 25 sitting in my pull box at my LCS.

Also, I’ll have the check the pages of Absolute Carnage again but I swear there is an image of Codex in one of those books, from about the chest up.

1 Like

Hope it is ok to add this as it is a bit off topic…apologies in advance.

I’m still feeling good about Venom 2099 and Alea Bell as it relates to this storyline. Been discussed already and pure spec but…

We are specifically given a hint in solicitations that Eddie is going to have some new “allies” for the upcoming story/conflict. I actually enjoyed that 2099 story and the character. I think she could very well fit into this whole future plot. Just another possible piece for the puzzle.

Also, completely agree on Venom #25 2nd. Just a very cool book,art, cover regardless of spec. Still very surprised how few of these I saw. Even the regular 25s weren’t overly abundant. I continue to believe COVID had a significant impact on these issues relative to ordering/fear of the unknown (same as with Thor #5).

2 Likes

the “new allies” are most likely the Venom hunting Avengers seen in Venom #27

2 Likes

Will be interesting to see what the cover for #28 holds in store (and when we will see it)?
Fact that we’ve seen #29 and not #28 is interesting.

1 Like

It would probably say more about what’s in 27 than in 28.

1 Like

@Devildog, I’ve been thinking the exact same thing in regard to print runs for first and second prints of 25. I think every version is short printed relatively speaking.

1 Like

That’s what I’m thinking too. I think Codex’s First “Full Appearance” will be in 27.

I am interested to know who is on the Venom #27 Kirkman Secret variants. Looks like a form of Venombuster.

This one?

That was a store variant, it has no meaning to the story or anything to come, the artist/ stpre thiught it would be “cool”

2 Likes

You’re probably right, but with a bonded Celestial on the cover of Venom 25 second print you never know.

Plus Marvel added this to the equation yesterday…