New Venom Series by Al Ewing

Brian Hitch is an oddity to me. I liked his work on Red Coat but don’t really care for his Venom work… but it doesn’t help that I just can’t get into Ram V. I just canceled my subscription to Detective Comics until he leaves the title.

1 Like

I also was a fan of other Hitch work but have not dug it on, “Venom.” CAFU is definitely welcome.

1 Like

His work on The Authority was my introduction to his art. Definitely an underrated artist.

2 Likes

God damn, the art is definitely an upgrade !!

3 Likes

Oh man, this IS an upgrade!

1 Like

Venom #19 features the most powerful version of Eddie Brock. Not sure if that is who is on the cover.

1 Like

Look like a hulked out crash dummy from those commercials back in the day.

7 Likes

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/marvel-summer-of-symbiotes-death-of-the-venomverse/

Venom #22 - “For months, Eddie Brock’s consciousness has been displaced in time! You’ve seen what happens when he’s flung himself to the far future of the Marvel Universe – now see what happens when he tries to traverse its past! Face to face with the mysterious FLEXO in the past, Venom learns a shocking secret about the role symbiotes playing in Marvel history!”

Is that him on #19 cover ?

Venom #23 - " A new Toxin is introduced in Venom #23 by Torunn Grønbekk and Ken Lashley"

“Flexo”??

Great Flexo is back

3 Likes

The add below says it all…

2 Likes

Flexo is a golden age Marvel character. Basically a robot made of rubber filled with a special gas controlled by two brothers. He was originally called Flexo The Rubber Man. He only made about 4 appearances so really an obscure character. Jimmy Woo considered him for Agents of Atlas last he was heard of.

Since Eddie is going back in time makes sense to probe the deep corners of Marvel characters. And yes, that’s him on the second of the covers.

1 Like

Golden Age characters coming back can be kind of fun.

If a collector is looking you can buy Flexo’s first appearance for $500…without a cover.

new Toxin

VENOM 23 SERGIO DAVILA HOMAGE VARIANT

VENOM 23 KEN LASHLEY 1:200 VIRGIN VARIANT

4 Likes

Marvel saw those goofy big time collectibles logo variants and decided to do one of their own, , 1:300 version doesn’t have trade dress

1:300??!

Ridiculous.

If you’re going to do a cover like this, put the UPC on the back.

2 Likes

This is the 1:300 supposedly

What’s going on with Venom 23 anyway? More than just a new Toxin I presume.

Didn’t we just get a new Toxin around the King in Black event?