New Year 2023

He did indeed.
I will say this, however - I have played in both high school and college sports in my younger days. I had coaches similar to him and I absolutely loved playing for them. I knew where I stood both good and bad; and they made me a better player at the time. There were no games or euphemisms used with me. I didn’t need coddling and an occasional tirade directed at me was warranted when I really screwed up.
Physical abuse - No; of course not.
But the rest - made me better.
And in my opinion, all the recent managerial/coaching coddling of professional players has not gone without impact to the players/sport.

Oh I’m all for a little “tough guy” when it comes to coaches and bosses at times to drive me to succeed but yeah, the actual verbal and or physical abuse is uncalled for. You can make an impact without either of those.

1 Like

Parents are much worse than the coaches at coddling when it comes to sports.

2 Likes

Norman Lear died at 101. Good for him in making it to over 100.

6 Likes

:sob: :sob: :sob:

3 Likes

Uggg…61…sad. Folks leaving us at that age makes me really think about my own mortality.

Great actor…I always think of him in the movie “The Mist”.

2 Likes

Yup, my dad passed when he was 60. I’m 45 now and I think to myself, if I go out same time, that’s only 15 years… that’s not that long. Live every day like it’s your last I say…

2 Likes

Too young. RIP

1 Like

He was great in Homicide, that was a really good show.

2 Likes

He was so amazing in Parasite Lee Sun-kyun: Parasite star and South Korean actor found dead | AP News

1 Like

For those enough to Remember “Laugh In” from the late 1960’s and the re-run throughout the 1970’s Tom Smothers died. Side fact: Goldie Hawn got her start on that show.

Comedian Tom Smothers, one-half of the Smothers Brothers, dies at 86 (yahoo.com)

1 Like

I know the smothers brothers! That’s sad!

1 Like

This one might be a bit obscure to some but for those who like classic rock you probably came across this DJ in the past.

Jim Ladd, DJ Who Inspired Tom Petty Song, Dead at 75 (msn.com)

2 Likes