New Year 2023

Turns out Jay Briscoe was driving his truck with his two daughters when a woman driving a truck in the other direction swerved into his lane causing a head on collision. The other driver and Jay were both killed. His daughters are both in the hospital with one requiring major back surgery.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Damn. Sesame Street has taken a lot of hits lately.

2 Likes

RIP to both, but Salems Lot freaked me the “heck” out when I was a kid! I didn’t want to use heck.

2 Likes

The scene with the kid vampire in the window gave me nightmares.

3 Likes

That’s the scene! Don’t think I go to sleep until the sun started to come up the night, I watched it!

The ones who pass away too soon and are younger than me always make me pause for a moment to appreciate what I do have right now. Especially when they leave behind young children. It’s terrible.

She taught us not to wait for adventure to find you. ‘Go find it. It’s everywhere.’

Good words to live by. RIP.

3 Likes
1 Like

A lot of young/young-ish deaths so far this year. Sucks. RIP to them all.

Well, he wasn’t all that young but if you are a sports fan, especially a hockey fan you certainly know who he is. RIP
Blackhawks all-time leading goal scorer Bobby Hull dies at 84 (yahoo.com)

1 Like

These New Year topics are depressing… maybe we should stop focusing on the deaths of people we likely didn’t even know (only through the media or watching on the television) and focus on more positive news instead! Just a thought…

Yeah, but it has become a CHU tradition. Like a weird family tradition no one really likes to talk about.

2 Likes

Traditions are meant to evolve, be changed or updated though… :wink:

Maybe we can “update” the tradition by stating their contribution to society and appreciate their “greatness” .

Just a thought.

SIDE NOTE: I be bum if I didn’t know Kevin Conroy or Neal Adam has passed away.

I guess that’s okay.

I just have a hard time trying to connect to people I didn’t know personally after they passed. Sure some of these people brought forth some entertainment in my life and overall dying sucks, but it’s just part of life. Not knowing these people on a personal level just makes me think, we humans seem to have too much emotional attachment to our screens, to bond with someone you only see through a camera or from the stands seems odd to me now. It’s mostly just a, “ah, that sucks” after they passed and then I’m on with my life since I didn’t know them. Just seems kind of a downer we are now focusing on the “death” itself rather than the more important things in life while we’re all still alive and living. IDK…

1 Like

I’m happy for folks to post joyful stuff too.

That sucks. Time just keeps taking all these celebrities from my childhood. From what I recall she bought the rights to Father of the Bride many decades ago. Made a mint when they re-made the movies with Steve Martin.