Nocterra

I ordered the glow in the dark cover because it’s a glow in the dark cover. The Jock and Bosslogic covers are sweet but the premise of the book stinks.

1 Like

Just nabbed a 1:50 as it was at such a great price. Bit of a risk as I don’t know what the cover art will be. Hope it is as good as some of the others, That Boss Logic one is great.

I like the 1:50 personally but its a very different style from all the rest. Ariela Kristantina

I skipped this one. Hope I don’t regret it

so print run around 160k+ yea kickstarter is only real spec, unless you throw out 3k for the signed variant lol

If nothing else, the colors from Tomeu Morey are sure to be glorious.

Unless it turns out to be a ongoing Walking Dead type of show on a major cable channel, I wouldn’t count on this turning into anything other than possibly a decent read. Snyder’s heydays I think are past him now after his shot to fame with American Vampire and then Batman New 52.

2 Likes

The guy drives people around in his truck with lights on it to keep the monsters away. Are you still awake? Exactly. I ordered it for the glow in the dark cover. The story is generic and lame.

It’s a bit more complex than that…

I don’t expect it to be worth anything for spec (except maybe some of the high end ratios?) but I am at least getting the first couple of issues because it was entertaining.

Just finished reading Nocterra #1. I actually liked it more than I anticipated. Snyder’s writing though is not improving. His choice of dialogue doesn’t seem to flow very smoothly but still tolerable. The story is different yet not very different in a sense. Daniel’s art is spot on though…

So many covers though, most still available at TFAW. Might just have to go with the glow in the dark cover…

I’ll have a sneak peek preview up before Wednesday.

2 Likes

I’m still anxiously awaiting my Kickstarter version. I saw it finally shipped. I didn’t even know what was shipping to me and had almost forgotten about this.

I’ve got an advance copy I ought to read. I like Daniel’s art a lot and Snyder’s writing is generally okay.

I’m just doing the glow in the dark cover. Love me some 90s gimmick covers.

The art is fantastic. I’m actually pumped for this series. This has a solar flaer feeling to it except with monsters and creatures of the night. I like it

Glow in the dark cover for sure!!

same… also with Geiger…

Looks like there’s a secret variant. (Posted on mobile so didn’t know how to properly link it from my phone since image was too big)

That’s what we needed too… another variant… that now makes what… 1 million and 1 variants for this title now? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I got around to reading it yesterday. It was good!