Nycc 2022

That’s not good. I was planning on going and bring my young daughter who is very much into art, particularly Manga style.

The list of artists hasn’t impressed me thus far.

1 Like

Theres a small show that’s in New Haven several times a year. I’ve never gone but hoping to check it out on 10/22. $5 admission, advertises as old school comic convention.

I have Mohegan Sun (Terrificon) practically in my back yard and I’ve only gone once. Didn’t buy anything, just got a couple Batman books signed by Denny O’Neil and Neil Adams.

2 Likes

There is apparently a NYCC Halloween Ends poster at the Halloween Ends booth at NYCC. If anyone can grab me one (they are free) I would be happy to pay for shipping.

I’m going again Sunday with my girls this time (bought the tix already, have to go). If they’re still available, I’ll grab one for you.

Does anyone know where the DC ashcans are?

There’s no DC or WB booth.

Been looking all day and Seen not one.

1 Like

In the past the DC crap was always outside of the con floor.

1 Like

There was a good stack. I did grab a couple for @Anthony. They’re card stock and a decent size (maybe 1/3 that of a regular movie poster). So not something you want to lug around if you’re also managing kids.

So I got him covered.

1 Like

I walked the entire place at least 5 times. Either they were gone as of Thursday, or very well hidden. Struck out on free stuff for the most part.

I plan on putting together a little write up of my experience.

until then, A few words of logistical advice for those going Sat/Sun.

First, cell service was horrendous. My Verizon service has really sucked the past few months anyway for some odd reason, but i struggled to connect.

They did have WiFi, and it worked for the first half of the day. But when the crowds got large I kept getting booted and later never was able to get on he last few hours. I was able to use apps like NYCC and KCC (fortunately), but double checking ebay prices or doing other online research was not happening. Nothing you can do…just a forewarning,

I came across only two “charging stations”…and they were pathetic counters (not towers like you see in the airport) with very few outlets and always packed later part of the day. Very slow. Bring an outlet plug-in for your charger so you can find an outlet somewhere else and avoid the charging stations. I did not…I regretted it.

there was a decent amount of comic vendors…but not enough to keep long boxes from getting crowded. One thing I wish I had done was bring a suitcase on rollers. I know I looks silly…but beats the hell out of carrying heavy books on your back all day and repeatedly having to be careful about setting it down to look through boxes under tables so people could pass by me (narrow isles). So didnt matter that I had a backpack…I ended up being in peoples way and getting bumped around more than if I was wheeling a small cart around…

That’s it for now.

8 Likes

I learned these too in the past.

Always carry cash. The wifi and connections are so horrible, sometimes even the vendors can’t make credit card transactions due to horrible wifi and internet connections.

That was happening as well.

Too many people trying to hold sales on whatnot and hogging up the wifi

2 Likes

Haha, wish one could claim such things but it was horrible before whatnot existed.

1 Like

That’s why a lot of the shops stopped doing SDCC as well. Prices went up, and they started screwing long term exhibitors over to give extra space to the movie studio promoting a big blockbuster.

2 Likes

My pick-ups and autos from Friday.

Exclusives.

E.M. Gist autographs. I saw he was going to be there so I grabbed a few of my favs. So many to choose from, though.

Dan Mora. I have several of these, and seemed like it might look cool with a a signature so got a few signed.

Charles Soule and Ryan Browne. These are 2nd prints but thought their signatures might add some value if I decide to move them.

Adi Granov. I only bought one of cover A for the PC. Figured it’d be cool to have it signed. He used a “bronze/copper” marker which looks cool/matches the cover.

All signatures were $10 or less. Most $5, and some have the first book free. Not bad.

Next the back issues I picked up.

Some Marvel Star Wars Sana Starros spec. $3 & $5

Some Star Wars Adventures ($3 ea.)

Just had to have this Boba cover. $10.

This book (First Damian cover) I’ve been looking for in LCS’s for a while for a nice copy cheap. $10…it’s 9.6 or better.

These I picked up at Midtown Comics on my way back to Grand Central.

12 Likes

Dont be greedy and hook me up with one of those Vision books lol.

Looks like you had a good time based on your goodies!

1 Like

Commissions I got any NYCC 2022. Try to guess the artist.

6 Likes

Stephanie Hans, Sozomaika, Mirka Andolfo I think are the ones I recognize

Is the Erica Slaughter by Justin Mason?