Nycc 2022

Yeah. My wife had covid and we need to be in PA on Saturday. So it’s just too much with her recovering and the travel something had to give. Unfortunately it was NYCC that had to be cut.

Family comes first, you did the right thing!

1 Like

Yup. Comics is and should be last priority always!

Sorry to hear that, and I hope Mrs. CHU is feeling better ASAP.

Hope her recovery goes smoothly and the rest of the fam stays healthy!

1 Like

I don’t think you missed much. I left after a few hours. I was pretty underwhelmed, but I mainly go for exclusives and to do some back issue bin diving. Aside from the big names, I didn’t see a lot of comic book vendors this year.

1 Like

Any good exclusives or freebie’s?

I picked-up the Marvel exclusives but wasn’t that excited about them. I was thinking of trying for the Javan Jordan exclusive because I’m a Wu Tang fan, but didn’t want to stand in line (don’t really like his stuff anyways). I picked-up the Brooks exclusive for the PC. I like that one. The color really pops. I didn’t much care for any of the other “exclusives”.

1 Like

I feel like some big shows really lack comic vendors. Small and local comic shows seem to be good if you want just a ton of comics to dig into.

1 Like

From what you saw how were wall books Raws and Slabbed priced by dealers? Overpriced?

Just curious if they were pricing with todays market values vs last year prices.

Yea, I was thinking this exact thing on my drive home. I went to a local one several months back and had a great time bin diving. My guess is NYCC upped its fee this year and a lot of the smaller vendors declined to go.

Good question. From what I saw, most of the wall book prices were still over market. I saw a lot of people inquire about price, take a look at the book, and walk away. I couldn’t find the few wall books I was searching for but was hoping the dealer prices would be more competitive given the market today. I didn’t really see it.

1 Like

My local comic shop has done nycc from the beginning and this is the first year they did not because they screwed them out of their normal spot. I get the impression from what he was saying that pretty soon there will probably not be many comic vendors if any at the show.

3 Likes

Same overpriced prices is what I saw at SDCC this year also.

4 Likes

I’d expect that…best to find the dealers that will haggle to a reasonable price. Work with them.

Not sure how everyone else is doing, but my sales are way down the latter part of this year…I’d have to imagine the same is going on with shops, and they should be willing to make some deals, especially I’d it’s a book that has cooled off.

2 Likes

COMIC CON where the item the show is named after is what you’ll find the least of

4 Likes

New York Collectible Con

2 Likes

my state Rhode Island has its own comic con and last year there was less than a handful of comic sellers SMH

For 30+ years I have never even bothered to go to the comic dealers at these large shows (NYCC, SDCC). I save the comic buying for the small local shows.
I’m sure folks find good stuff at the large shows but there’s just so much more that can be done imo that can’t be done at small shows.

Further, I don’t look for deals. I look for steals. I only find those at small shows

3 Likes