Nycc 2023

I went Thu + Fri. I was too tired to go on Sat and need to recharge (getting old lol). One day was me and my friends and another was taking my godson. So wasnt a lot of time to do things I wanted to do like rush to artist alley at 10am to get a DPT bootleg lol.

Most of Peach’s signings I think had to be reserved ahead of time w/ the rest of NYCC Panel stuff. The ticket stuff was a nice extra. She was def tired. But no remarques at 3pm gave her energy to do commissions at 4 lol (dont blame her and shes ‘cheap’ compared to others)

I didn’t see Frank and totally never made it to Arcbound.

2 Likes

is there a 1st app in transformers 1 or something

I find this policy strange because FM has looked old/frail for a long, long time now. It’s not a secret.

1 Like

@D-Rog Did you get one ?

1 Like

A couple of commissions I got from NYCC.

9 Likes

We had a morning slot reserved for Momoko and my daughter was lucky to win a sketch. This is what she sketched. Was the highlight of her whole weekend.

13 Likes

That Wolverine is INTENSE!

1 Like

I am? About another Robin death? That’s the only thing Robins are good for, dying!

Awesome stuff. Love that Wolverine, and glad you finally got your commission.

1 Like

Yeah it took an entire year but happy with the results.

1 Like

I thought that was handed out at the Spawn panel only. Which was Friday?

yes

They asked me if I wanted to buy more copies as they had extras Sunday. I just bought the two and said I was good.

Time to list one and get my money back.

They should have made this a Cobra ashcan…not Duke. That series is coming up too. Everyone knows it’s the villains that drive the story for GI Joe, much like the Sith drive Star Wars.

1 Like

Sharing a few pics of what I got. I decided I’m going to save up for the books I really wanted as the ones they had were overpriced or over graded…I can get better books online for better prices.

IMG_6482

IMG_6492

Gist autos were $10 raw, $30 graded. Up $5 from last year when the first was free, each additional $5.

IMG_6493

I thought these would look great with red marker pen, so I brought a few. Jock autos were $5 raw (I think $25 graded).

4 Likes

To clarify since I’ve never been to a bigger convention like this: For Jock to sign any old book, it was $5. But, if you intended to have that same book graded after he signs it, it costs $25, in addition to all of the CGC grading, shipping, whatever costs?

Say if you wanted a book signed by any artist without grading it (raw), it would be say $5. If you wanted the same book to be graded by X company, it would be an additional $20-30. Not including the grading company’s fees. Thats the way some artist make the extra money for signed books.

Some artist like Todd McFarlane do free signing but NO grading companies are allowed to be present for witnessing the signature. Their for you get the green label when sent out to be graded or the “signature verified” when done with CBCS?

MondoCon back in 2017 Jock was doing all his signings for free… :thinking:

As anyone trying to make a name for themselves should invest in your fans first, then reap the rewards later.

It’s not like he gets a table for free to sit there at a con. I have no problem paying $5 to Help compensate for an artist’s expenses such that I can meet him (or her) in person.

$10 I start getting picky about who and how many.

3 Likes

He was promoting his huge new Jock book and they did a huge panel about it with him. Honestly I’d imagine he didn’t have to pay a dime to attend and was likely paid to actually be at this convention. MondoCon was/is not a big convention.

I myself have no issue with someone charging more if a person is going to get it graded. That basically confirms the comic getting signed isn’t for a personal collection, but to be resold. When I’ve had creators sign a comic for me or sketch something for me it has always been free or cheap once I emphasize I don’t need a CGC witness or such due to how I have zero intention of grading whatever I give them to sign. I have no problem with slabbed signatures, I just don’t need them for my PC as I have the memory of the comic getting signed and that’s all I need!