Nycc 2023

90’s gimmicks

whats next ?

oh yea, die cut covers…

maybe embossed covers later ? holofoil ? mail-away comics ???

I’m out on them all… I’ll stick to regular comics please… The only thing I’d go for is if they switched back to news print paper along with some dot matrix style printing ink to cut costs by a buck or two on books.

Stop all the variants as well… and particularly the ratio variants…

2 Likes

Mailaways were the exclusives back in the day. I loved mailaways.

2 Likes

Me too ! Especially the Wolverine 145 Nabisco variant

2 Likes

Yeah. I also loved Incredible Hulk Vs Venom

And have the Wolverine 102.5 signed Wizard Variant

2 Likes

1 Like

see ascencia ~13 -18

1 Like

Has ANYONE mailed in those coupons and received the comic ??

waiting on my 2

1 Like

@D-Rog

who wants to hold my spot all day ?

1 Like

Boo urns.

1 Like

Did somebody’s say promotional mailaways…?

IMG_6357

First Meeting of Superman and the Quik Bunny! Key!!!

1 Like

looking at the exhibitors list
am i missing boom image and dark horse ?
dc too ?

https://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/3881/get-spooky-spirit-limited-edition-headless-horsema

The Headless Horseman Halloween Annual 2023 one-shot with brand new cover art by Phillip Sevy. This special variant is limited to just 500 copies, which will be available at select events, including NYCC

$20

Ooh, tempted but I was planning on getting my butt over to Midtown for the Transformers signing at 6pm so might want to roam the show floor before that.

For the more NYCC experienced: This cover seems to be a panel giveaway. I’m guessing that would make it something I shouldn’t put on the shared google requests doc. Or are these relatively easy to get? My guess is no, but I really have no clue how that stuff goes.

Avengers 5 Stuart Immonen

Why does the Headless Horseman have breasts?

1 Like

I’ll take all their signatures on a napkin please lol.

They either start handing these out seat by seat near the end of the panel or hand them to you when youre leaving. Only way to really get another is try some shenanigans and go back in and try to leave again lol but one can probably only pull that so many times. I think once they had them all on a table and you just take one as you leave but that mightve been years ago before everyone tried to flip everything and someone would probably just take a pile now.

Long way to say its hard to say. Easiest way is drag people to the panel who dont care about the comic and make them give you their copy heh. But yeah requests could be hard on a large level.

1 Like