Nycc 2023

ahhhh… the grail I’ll never see

O damn, I’m on Snyder’s substak and he was alluding to a secret celebrity in one of his signings but didn’t say who. Might be worth going for now

2 Likes

Charles Soule NYCC exclusives. $20 each

1 Like

It’s so exclusive it’s being offered online to everyone!

4 Likes

I really like Stephanie Hans.
I truly do and was highly considering pre-ordering a commission for NYCC (She opened a list).

She posted these completed ones.
Honestly - im not fond of these at all.
They just seem kinda “off”.

3 Likes

Nah, they ain’t that great.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if she is a digital artist with her covers.
These are clearly by hand.

Her published work is mostly digital, so hand-painted commissions would be different.

I feel similarly about Esad Ribic - love his published work, but his commissions just aren’t all that interesting to me.

2 Likes

I like Hans as well, but I wouldn’t be able to tell these are her works at first glance.

2 Likes

This is the second time i saved myself money and disappointment with a digital artist.
They often, just cannot draw by hand well.

1st time was Mattina - just friggin terrible Thanos at NYCC years ago. I watched him draw it.

And now this.
Note to self - dont get a commission from a digital artist unless you see examples 1st

3 Likes

For those going the next few days, I’ll be curious to know how this goes. Will there be a line at the ticket table long before 1pm to get a place in line 3-5pm? (Yes).

How long will the line be and how soon will people be lining up for it?

I highly doubt people who got the QR lottery will be respectful and not line up.

1 Like

This will not be pretty … again.

1 Like

Day 1 if this debacle is happening right now.

Any updates? Did anyone here go today?

Gotta be a lot of standing in line waiting for signatures or exclusives…how about some updates! Make yourself useful out there!

3 Likes

Yepper

Tynion line was crazy early
Zdarsky / Jimenez line was even worse.

Got 2 witnessed Chukwudi Iwuji autos

Currently sitting in boring Marvel panel to get the free exclusive comic at end.

Also got an Arkbound metal. If you get all of them youll get a ticket for Tom Hardy / Scott Snyder autograph on sat

3 Likes

Do tell. More than 75 people in line? Did you go there first thing?

I bet many of the same people will be back tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday.

As of now I’m not able to go until Sunday…highly doubt anything good will be waiting for me, but what I’m really looking for isn’t exclusives. A few autos and some back issues for my PC. Maybe a personal grail of the price is right.

More than 75… yea.
But line thinned out over time.

It was first booth i went to (albeit tynion was not at booth early on)

Well, once the 75 bootleg variant copies are gone, I assume he wouldn’t get too much traffic…not more than the typical popular writer.

And I’d have to imagine 95% of the line was there for that specific book.

Only one copy on eBay, none sold. Where are the other 74 flippers?!

2 Likes

Last time I was at NYCC, you barely saw Tynion, Snyder, King and a bunch of others at their booths. Just someone there selling their merchandise.

Once upon a time, you could just walk right up to Peach Momoko’s booth and talk to her.

1 Like

at CGC…? lol