Nycc 2024

I will say this, for anyone going to NYCC this year, I have done it in the past with Comic Mint, I will put up eBay listings for their exclusives, if/when I sell any then I just go over and buy them. I try to keep an eye on what they still have and make adjustments accordingly, but I have done well with this strategy before.

2 Likes

That’s a great strategy.
As much as I despise them, clearly they’re still in business and thriving.
That means they’re suckers out there all over the country/world wanting their crap.
But if crap translates to $$$ in my pocket, then it makes total sense

1 Like

The only one I recall last year that’s stands out is the Batman Adventures 12 foil (original cover…not the variants).

Was sold out by the time I got there…which I think was Saturday.

I’ll have to look at their line-up, but nothing really stood out to me this year.

I did it with Super 7 and several other shops where I could readily get variants. Also do constant searches for NYCC 202x (whatever year) to see what is selling. Poyo and I would get free cards from Topps and sell them, free mini mates from marvel and sell them. And so much more.

1 Like

All little Johnny wanted when his dad took him to NY Comic Con was one of the free Marvel Mini-Mates to play with…but alas the two “adults” ahead of him in line got the last ones…

“In your face, kid!” Yelled one of the two as he turned around. Dragging his friend along who was for some reason shackled in chains…

3 Likes

We got so many of them and they were selling for $20-25 each. It was a glorious year.

1 Like

It was pretty awesome. Those LEGO exclusives from 2016 were the best though. I wish LEGO did more con exclusives.

The horses from Bladerunner were a good flip too.

Oh yeah, that was a great one too. I loved those and intended on keeping one but the prices were so good on ROI, I just sold all of mine I think before I even traveled back home.

A little secret - a relative of mine is high up in the Lego chain.
She attends every NYCC and SDCC for last 15 or so years, in which Lego had a booth.
Guess who gets all the exclusive Lego minifigs… every single one :wink:
(as well as 50% off all online Lego sales)

She is departing the company this year so there goes that :man_shrugging:
But man o man has it been a ride for the last 15 years.

4 Likes

https://us18.campaign-archive.com/?u=cea6914bbad5b4200df3517b9&id=e9694870d0

What da fuq ???

1 Like

For a second I misread this post and thought it was saying that there was going to be a convention at a Walmart. I was very confused.

2 Likes

I bet they signed up to be comic sellers on Walmart I had posted about this a while ago. I was considering it.

1 Like

let the jokes begin
unknown mystery 4 packs only at walmart $5
unknown variants the only way the can get rid of the overstock of x-title variants that no one wants

1 Like

Has Walmart had a booth at NYCC?

pretty sure this is a first, there’s not even a Walmart store in New York City

1 Like

Available now to buy, if anyone is interested…

um um nope

Pfff…that book is so January 2024…

:grin:

2 Likes