Nycc 2024

Looks like Red Hoodverine or Winter Weapon X.

Venom 3 comes at a premium.

1 Like

The Absolute Batman #1 Akira homage sold out by 1:00. JTC Daredevil book was sold out for the day, but should be available again tomorrow.

1 Like

That Akira homage was cool.

2 Likes

If anyone wants it…

$30

its sold out by 10:01

1 Like

I won a free one of those…after I had bought it.

I was going to say, I went there pretty early and it was all gone

80s sunset savage rogue sold out quickly for the day

Now that I’m on the train back home and have a minute to breath…I can provide a few recaps/summaries.

EBay Live

I had bought a few of the eBay Big Clutch exclusives. When I picked them up they had this “My Collection of Dreams” giveaway. I went through this slow moving line and on a touch screen chose some of my “grails” from a limited selection. I had no idea what I was doing…so I just picked a few comics, a card and Lego.

They printed out this card.

And so had to go over to the other eBay live PSA, and Goldin booth to get stickers on it.

After that I went BACK to the original eBay live booth and I got a little collector pack.

Inside was a few booster packs for some card games, a few stickers, and a prize ticket. The ticket was good for one of the Transformers Trade Dress Foils.

I was also entered into some drawing too which I have not followed up on.

They said they were running out of the collector packs. I’ll have to see if they restock each day.

2 Likes

Vee Friends booth gives away free Topps Notorious Ninja cards. (I think everyday, but certainly today)

If you want barely a line to wait, free card to flip, and nice profit you might want to consider going there once in next 3 days.

2 Likes

Artists Alley

Per usual, you feel like you’re wadding through molasses trying to navigate Artist Alley.

Most artists were charging bwrween $5-$10 for raw signatures. And upcharged for witnesses signatures and specific hit books.

Here are a few examples (Cates was already shown above):

E.M. Gist

Stegman is also charging a premium for Venom 3 now.

Not sure what was going on with Jason Howard.

Scott Snyder and Nick Dragotta were elusive. So I could not have how much interest there was in signing Absolute Batman 1s.

There were quite a few Frank Miller variants of absolute Batman. $80 for a signed copy.

He is only going to be there Sunday, and there is a limit of 200 tickets. $80 per signature for an item from home. Otherwise everything at the table ranged from $50-$80 (signature included in the price).

4 Likes

These guys are starting to approach the autograph prices of some middle celebrities.
I understand their time, effort, food, travel, etc… but cmon folks. Jeez

1 Like

Looks like Funko had a major snafu today…people complaining they waited in line most of the day with a reservation, only to have it cancelled until tomorrow?

I avoided Funko. Unbelievable the size of the bags people come out of that place with though. As if the convention floor needed more space consumed.

3 Likes

Star Trek 500, Alex Ross exclusive.

I’m not aware of Ross having a Star Trek cover before. I’ll have to check this out (if they still have them). I’m a fan of the Gold Key painted covers.

I think it’s cool now…but I don’t quite understand the homage…in other words, how does Batman relate to Akira?

For that reason I don’t see this exclusive standing the test of time. I’d prefer cover A.

2 Likes

Marvel: Next Big Thing Panel Recap

So Ultimate Wolverine and Emperor Doom were the big reveal. There were a few other upcoming things worth mentioning.

One is an arc with Thanos. I guess she has not battled him before (one on one, at least), as they continue her space saga it made sense they would face each other. And supposedly Phoenix is going to undergo a major transformation involving a “cocoon”, which has Adam Warlock vibes so another link to Thanos, perhaps. The phrase “Cosmic Queen” was throw out there as loose description of what she’ll become.

Below is sone cover are to upcoming issues.

Another reveal was a new series for Powerman of the recent Timeless one shot (the mashup between Powr Man, Iron Fist and Hulk, I think?)

And then they rolled out more “online” titles coming up which are tied to comic continuity. They all
Have the precursor “Astonishing” in their titles. For those who like to read the digital books.

Friday Panels

The only panel I plan to attend today is the Hasbro toy o e (which has a GI Joe #1 Ashcan giveaway). I think I heard rumors of an Echto 1 haslab being unveiled, but I’ll let you guys know what comes out of it.

But if anyone knows heads of one that may have something good, feel free to comment below.

4 Likes

BTW, there’s a nice “spoiler variant” cover for Ultimate Wolverine, homage Marvel Comics Presents 77.

What exactly it’s spoiling, I have no idea…even the panel didn’t know. But what do know is this series is going to start off similar to the MCP Weapon X arc, getting into his origins as a tool of the government or some organization, of which he will escape (obviously). They promised this series will be very violent….and they did show some preliminary interior Art which backed this up.

5 Likes

As a very big fan of all the GHOST MACHINE books and creative team…is there anything you’ve seen, freebies, etc from their booths.

Be neat if their was fun horror Hyde street stuff. (yes, I used the word “neat”)

So many signs to pay for signatures. I never pay for a signature… ever!

1 Like

D-Rog: So appreciative of your recap. Thank you for the time spent on this as I’m sure you’re exhausted from the day. Have fun this weekend and I hope you got some comfortable shoes!

Also appreciate Bill and monopolyjackson for providing info on some of the exclusives. Huge help in determining if I want to buy something on eBay (which I haven’t yet) for the collection.

I love recaps of big con’s because I never go to them. One day I’ll go to SDCC!

3 Likes