Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney Plus Speculation - SPOILERS

Looking forward to it! (when I get the chance to finally watch). Maybe during “work” today :wink:

Inquisitors should just be absolute terror invoking bad asses. Fear with just a simple glance. The loud, over the top, let me see your war face, business doesn’t work for them.

I think of characters like the Yul Brunner’s cowboy in Westworld, Robert Patrick’s (or even Arnolds Terminator), Rebecca Ferguson’s Rose the Hat in Doctor Sleep, Angelina as Maleficent (when she’s bad), Michael Biehn’s Johnny Ringo. Many examples out there.

Just a few examples of really intimidating bad asses that accomplished it by the less is more deal.

Remember when we first met Vader way back when…good lord he was intimidating. These inquisitors should be the same way. They seem like a bunch of clowns to me.

3 Likes

Star Wars #17 - Fella who first appears there gets mentioned

2 Likes

Nice shoutout to Quinlan

2 Likes

Bringing back James Earl Jones was a very nice touch

5 Likes

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yea the 3rd Sister is HORRIBLE in every aspect of the show but now I feel bad b/c the actor has received so much hateful backlash already.

4 Likes

I honestly didn’t even know about the backlash.
But I figured I wasn’t the only one who felt this way.

1 Like

Yea Moses Ingram is the actresses name. There’s been a bunch of articles on it at this point. Ewan McGregor even made a video to address it.

1 Like

3rd Sister is new Jar Jar

4 Likes

I’m not really seeing the problem with the Third Sister that people are voicing. She’s supposed to be a lackey of the Grand Inquisitor who is in turn a lackey of Vader and the Emperor. They all strive to be menacing and fearsome, but obviously none hold a candle to Vader. She’s supposed to be brash, forceful, and impulsive. She’s doing all of that.

If what I think is going to happen plays out- she gets offed by either the Grand Inquisitor or Vader- she will have fulfilled the narrative role perfectly. An Icarus character who’s ambition leads them far too close to calamity and they do not survive. Frankly, with her knowledge of Leia’s relationship to Anakin, and her knowledge that Vader is Anakin, I don’t think she can be allowed to survive just based on the logic of continuity and storytelling.

She reminds me of tediously ambitious and overbearing law students and colleagues in the legal field. The type you roll your eyes at because you know there is something so much worse waiting for them than what they are dishing out.

6 Likes

100% agree and I think there is a zero percent chance she survives.

I spent way too much time on this

6 Likes

I think it’s valid you don’t like the character because the characteristics of the character, but to say the actor is bad because you don’t like the character is kind of missing the point. Some characters are characters we are not supposed to like.

3 Likes

Then you know you’re doing it right.

Just got the email for the Ewan McGregor CGC signing… $325 is better than some, but still a little salty for me.

Sometimes an acting performance and/or the lines that are given to them generate an overall “feeling” to the viewer. I understand that she should be brash, forceful, lackey of Vader, menacing, fearsome, etc…
But the performance and/or lines don’t convey that image to me; except superficially. It’s as if they’re telling me I better feel it, so therefore I will feel it. But I don’t feel it… lol
Again - don’t know if it’s the acting; don’t know if its the dialogue given to her; don’t know if it’s both.
But the performance in total feels contrived and unrealistic as a delivered end product to me, the viewer.

1 Like

How did you guys like that narc of a truck driver?

2 Likes

I enjoyed the third episode more. I don’t think it’s the performer’s fault - I think it’s bad direction. The actress seems quite capable, I think she’s not getting the direction she needs - but that goes for most of the performances, to be honest.

3 Likes

I’m glad I took your advice and secured a copy of his 1st few apps, thanks!

1 Like