Obi-wan kenobi series to begin production in april, cast revealed

From Starwars.com:

Obi-Wan Kenobi , the new Disney+ special event series starring Ewan McGregor as the iconic Jedi Master, will begin shooting in April.

The story begins 10 years after the dramatic events of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith where Kenobi faced his greatest defeat, the downfall and corruption of his best friend and Jedi apprentice, Anakin Skywalker turned evil Sith Lord Darth Vader.

Obi-Wan Kenobi is directed by Deborah Chow, director of two critically acclaimed episodes of The Mandalorian Season 1.

The series also marks the return of Hayden Christensen in the role of Darth Vader.

Obi-Wan Kenobi , the new Disney+ special event series starring Ewan McGregor as the iconic Jedi Master, will begin shooting in April.

The story begins 10 years after the dramatic events of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith where Kenobi faced his greatest defeat, the downfall and corruption of his best friend and Jedi apprentice, Anakin Skywalker turned evil Sith Lord Darth Vader.

Obi-Wan Kenobi is directed by Deborah Chow, director of two critically acclaimed episodes of The Mandalorian Season 1.

The series also marks the return of Hayden Christensen in the role of Darth Vader.

4 Likes

Oh god, no. This announcement feels like sand in the crotch. I don’t like sand (in the crotch). He is the worst actor. :neutral_face:

Ok, so we get ole Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru again…now to start thinking about who else we may end up seeing.

I’d say keep an open mind. Luke coming back in Mandalorian was my worst nightmare because I thought it was guaranteed to screw everything up. Then it happened and it was done so well that all my poo pooing faded away.

3 Likes

But Mark Hamill is not the human version of Calculon. Edit: I guess maybe Hayden has an upgraded acting chip, but I haven’t seen him in anything since Revenge of the Sith.

1 Like

I’d like to see him in some stuff where George didn’t write the dialogue and see how he does.

I love Michael Caine, but I’m not sure I’d watch him reciting shampoo ingredients.

If there were also muppets involved, I would totally watch Michael Caine reading shampoo ingredients.

1 Like

Meanwhile…
Screenshot_20210329-114907

5 Likes

E. It won’t let you date Padme, and that makes you want to burn all the sand to the ground

So which one of them is Dr. Aphra…

Im not so sure that Aphra would be old enough to be a part of the Obi Wan series. Aphra was born in 24 BBY, and I believe Obi Wans show takes place around 10 BBY. Aphra would only be 14 years old. Aphra doesn’t meet Vader until after 0 BBY, and before 3 ABY - 17 years after Obi Wans show. I think. @drunkwooky ?

Black Krrasantan could definitely be introduced (as he also interacts with Owen and Beru)…could be a nice tie into Aphra at some point.

I love thinking about the possibilities. Would love to see ole Aurra Sing as well.

2 Likes

The prequels are hot trash in my book, and Hayden was indeed part of that mess. But, I’m actually kinda looking forward to him getting another shot. The direction and dialogue on those prequels was so, so bad. Somehow, Lucas made a ton of REALLY good actors like Neeson, McGreggor, Smits look like terrible actors. Hayden didn’t stand a chance.

6 Likes

I think the best we know is that Aphra around 19 BBY left her father to go live with her mom on Arbiflux. The marauders came and destroyed her mother’s farm and she was dropped back with her father around 18 BBY. This is all assuming the Doctor Aphra comic (volume 1) takes place the same year as the Battle of Yavin. She’s around 6 years old at the time her mother is killed and she’s sent back to her father. From then onward (unless Sarah Kuhn’s audiobook says something about it, I haven’t listened to that) there hasn’t been any fleshing out of that part of the story. A 14 year old Sand Rat on Tatooine doesn’t sound unreasonable. We had Enfys Nest and she was late teens probably (pulling that info out of my butt).

2 Likes

Great cast !

Having said all that, of the women in the cast revealed, only Moses Ingram would be even close to the age Aphra would be at this time (14). Moses is 26 right now, Simone is 46, Indira is 47 (We already know Bonnie is Beru Lars).

Moses would be a strange choice for Aphra because Aphra is depicted as Asian (whatever that means in the Star Wars universe). I mean, they can cast Moses as Aphra if they like and She’d probably be amazing, but it’s looking unlikely.

lol yeah then all the other drama happened. all that good will from the finale is poofed out the window. I love what Favreau did. Luke was the antithesis of the Last Jedi character. Heeds the call of some random Force user on some distant planet and IMMEDIATELY comes to his aid. Tells Mando he will lay his life down for Grogu, and stresses the importance of his training as a Jedi. It makes the character in TLJ make even less sense, but it also shows the guy running the Disney + universe totally gets the character and understands his importance to the universe. Giving your star character to Luke Skywalker to be trained is GIGANTIC.

1 Like

In the old Expanded Universe he was responsible for scores of Jedi trained for generations after him. His story arc should always end with him as the aging dean of a Jedi Praxeum.

3 Likes

If a young Aphra makes a cameo in this series as a teenager, that teenage actor in 3-5 years when an aphra show comes out will be older and more mature fitting perfectly in film continuity. That would be a pretty epic build up for a much loved, highly anticipated character.

According to keycollector