Odds and Ends

Something fishy happening in Berlin…

2 Likes

This is why I have no desire to go in those unique pools that seem to “float” in a high rise building; or hanging over the edge of a building; or anything that I feel if the pool broke somewhere would leave me looking like that dead fish.

I don’t need that.

1 Like

[
Seb McKinnon 2nd cover art released, DET 1070

2 Likes

With all the talk of DC possibilities, I was thinking I’d love to see Firestorm the Nuclear Man (I mentioned another of my faves as Spectre previously). Always loved his varied comics. Killer Frost would make for a cool villain on screen as well.
With special effects as amazing as they are now…could be really cool.

1 Like
1 Like

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: AfterShock Comics Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

James Gunn going to end up being a worse hire than Ezra Miller.

1 Like

I don’t know. Trying to see it from his perspective. Almost everything the DCU put out was lackluster with only a handful of quality projects. I don’t like that some of these actors may not be coming back but if they want to start over, they kind of have to replace the big guns at the very least or there may be too much confusion from the casual movie goer. It is what it is.

1 Like

Once they start giving more info moving forward and it sound good a couple of good things may actually happen. One, we get more good DC films than bad and two all that DC spec from past years will finally pay off.

1 Like

His movies are decent but at some point all the classic rock tracks, light hearted humor, and fight the big bad at the end formula will no longer work. Taika Waititi is also guilty of the same formula and people started to turn on him with Thor Love And Thunder.

5 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. Al of the movies can’t be exactly like each other. Some will have to be darker and some lighthearted. Hopefully where they will need to be a bit darker or serious than Gunn’s typical work, he will bring in a team of writers and directors to showcase that. I’m crossing my fingers he is versatile and realistic enough to know that his formula won’t work for everything. We’ll see.

1 Like

Gunn isn’t going to be directing every single movie lol. It’s not like Kevin is directing every single thing at marvel. There will be different directors, so I don’t think every movie is going to be like the suicide squad.

1 Like

No, they won’t. A tone will be set, I’m sure but different production teams will bring a different style to what they are working on.

1 Like

I’m withholding judgment on Gunn and Safran until their stuff starts coming out. Then I’ll have a clearer idea if all will be well or a trainwreck. I don’t envy the situation they came into.

2 Likes

1 Like
3 Likes

The designs are 1:10 this time instead of 1:100 like last Gwen series.

Oh my…

4 Likes

Looks so damn good.

2 Likes

no bruce?
Leaving GIF - Seinfeld Jerry Seinfeld Im Leaving - Discover ...