Odds and Ends

I know you guys must be sick of it but the 85 inch tv is installed.

9 Likes

Still old junk in there to get rid of.

Covrprice did their weekly spotlight tonight and I was ahead of the curve on a couple of them.

4 Likes

Covrprice mentions this character showing up in a May solicits book. Maybe the next of these future champions to warm up.

Looks like it is heating up already.

What happened to Gator Bait comics? I backed a Kickstarter years ago. Enjoyed the comics I got.

Scott lost his dad a while back and hasn’t been doing a lot. I know he was working on an art book,

Interesting article regarding Marvel pricing. Looks like half the May books are $3.99 and half are $4.99, but Marvel sounds like they might be leaning back to $3.99. Guessing sales have tanked on their higher price-point books? Or, they’ll go with shrinkflation and start producing 18-page stories in 24-page books yet claim $3.99!!!

2 Likes

I’d always wondered what the breaking price point was for the industry. Shops in my area aren’t ordering the $7.99, $9.99 books. It’s too risky for them to be stuck with this inventory. But there’s a bigger problem that I’m seeing. There are no kids coming into the stores at all, like none. Maybe on Free Comic Book day we’ll see some families come in but other than that i just don’t see kids coming in at all.

When i was a kid we would all come after school to hang out at the comic shop. These days i don’t see it happening.

3 Likes

This is a partial reason I’ve ramped down how many comics I buy, new or old. I am usually a long-term holder and I really wonder what kind of comic collector market we’re going to have in 10, 20, 30 years. I occasionally see kids at the LCS but they are almost always there for cards, not comics.

3 Likes

You have to start them early.
You searched for little golden book - Penguin Random House Comics Retail (prhcomics.com)

1 to 5 year old range, every subject matter imaginable from super hero to Taylor Swift. Apparently, there’s a spec market potential for them as well once the older printings get replaced with new printings. Hardbacks so they’re easier for small fingers not to destroy and may last long enough to pass down to the grandkids. Any store getting Marvel Comics from PRH can have these shipped in for free as well and if you buy enough, you qualify for an extra 2% discount on your comics.

1 Like

I can attest to the fact that I’ve bought a few of these for my grandkids.
There is a very active fan/collecting base for Little Golden Books. I saw it up close this weekend. Folks buying them up at a convention. So many genres too. My wife bought a few very old baby doll related ones & I bought a “Black hole movie” one.

3 Likes

Who did he sign with previously. I felt like this was reported before and the deal fell through.

Hold on. You are correct, because I loaded up on Pearl when he did…I’ll go back and look for the thread.

Time to dig these out?

I’ve been waiting forever to get this on steelbook.

2 Likes

Looks badass. Just dont have that extra $ right now. Specially cuz my car broke down and need to put some $ into that.

Definitely buying that !

There’s also a Walmart exclusive:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Crow-4K-Ultra-HD-Digital-Steelbook-Walmart-Exclusive/5385006109

And a FNAC exclusive:

https://www.fnac.com/a19817834/The-Crow-Edition-Limitee-Speciale-Fnac-Steelbook-Exclusivite-Web-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD-Brandon-Lee-Blu-ray-4K

1 Like