Odds and Ends

2000 story blew … this one in 2024 is much better … would have been interesting to see them do this in the late 70’s/early 80’s run with The X-Men, FF, etc.

So is the appearance in Ultimate Universe.

Bottom line is UXM2 is not a first anything with respect to maystorm.

I’m seeing more articles pop up about just how bad Scout Comics was to creators. Weirdly enough Bleeding Cool hasn’t touched on it at all as far as I can see and they loved to report all kinds of tabloid junk. It’s strange how they don’t seem to report certain things like when Avatar was sued for the rights to various characters by Brian Pulido. Or when CGC absolutely shit the bed until it became too big a story to ignore. It’s almost like Bleeding Cool has no journalistic integrity. Funny to think I offered to write for them once but once I asked about pay they quit responding.

3 Likes

IMG_0716

Ha. Good one.

2 Likes

Journalistic or any other integrity.

3 Likes

Trying so hard not to laugh out loud at this and wake the house up. Lost it with Yoda and his cigar…

Now the Vespas in Books of Boba Fett make sense…

1 Like

Oh, that AI…Still better then the last trilogy.

Yoda is a pimp sniper.

2 Likes

Saw this on a variant cover, did you know Gotham City is an anagram for Mighty Taco?

Just found that extremely amusing.

1 Like

Gonna start building a copy of AF15…piece by piece…

3 Likes

Surprised someone hasn’t come up with a scheme where they take a book and cut it up into small pieces, encapsulate the piece and show where that piece comes from. Like AF15 Cover Row 1 column 8. You go to the site and see exactly the piece you own. I don’t know. Seems like a million dollar scheme.

Sounds almost as bad as NFTs but at least you get a physical item.

I could see the gang from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia concocting a scheme like this.

Sounds like a….

Bad Idea….?

2 Likes

Getting closer!

You can build an Incredible Hulk #181 right now from individual pages and wraps priced in the hundreds to over $1000.
INCREDIBLE HULK 181 for sale | eBay

It looks like MCS sold their $1,5000 cover only listing already since last time I checked.

1 Like

The 25 qty ratio for Ultimate Spider-man #1 3rd print is a $6 comic so it’s basically a $78 buy in to get your hands on it. That’s why a lot of sellers are at that point. Cover the cost or don’t order it pricing. That should also put a glut of 3rd printings on the market from people chasing it which is why I backed off ordering anything but 4 copies and 2 of those were subscriber requests. There should be plenty of 3rds floating about.

Night People #1 street dates for tomorrow at previewsworld and Lunars web sites.

Golgotha was sold out at Diamond but in stock at PRH when I reordered Monday.

2 Likes

Diamond announced April 10 they will be starting their FLAT RATE 3% of retail price shipping. Here’s an example of why that changes things.

Recently we purchased some Godzilla figures which as you can see cost us $40.50 and then we paid $15.22 cent to have each shipped individually since they didn’t combine them into 1 larger box. That makes our total cost for each figure $55.72. At MSRP which one customer refused to take one unless we charged that amount, we only got $59.99 back leaving a total profit on a $60 sale of $4.27 cent except I believe he paid with a credit/debit card so card processing fee’s were also taken out. Basically, as it stands for the last decade, many figures and toys we make almost nothing on trying to stock and sometimes even lose money when the outrageous freight is factored in.

Now coming up with the new 3% Flat Rate Shipping, the freight charge would have only been $1.22 instead of $15.22, assuming they don’t assign an oversized “Special Shipping” rate for the item. That will make it much easier to bring in anything and not lose money trying to have it in stock. “Special Shipping” surcharges are supposed to be listed with each item they apply to up front so we’ll be able to know exactly what the freight costs will be. There will also be a “Direct Ship” option for an additional $7.50 charge if you’re in a hurry and want something shipped the same day.

Based on the new rates we will begin accepting orders and subscriptions from Diamond again for items shipping after April 10th. If your local store stopped ordering, they may be willing to give it another try as well for items you request. This should increase qty of smaller publisher comic orders starting April 10th as more stores return to ordering and others maybe order more with the lower freight rates freeing up more money in the budget to increase stock.

6 Likes

I guess this counts as good news I wasn’t expecting today.

Was that just me or was everyone rewarded?

1 Like

Not sure how many of you all are familiar with rooster teeth but theyre shutting down, they were huge when I was younger because of ther video game web series red vs blue which used halo and then rwby which was created by a guy named monty oum whose actually from my town and had experience animating and was behind some really famous animations like dead fantasy and haloid

Weird sale. I just sold a 7 year old comic from another publisher to Dynamic Forces. They usually produce stuff wholesale I buy from them.