Odds and Ends

Same here. Adding it to my want list for when I go out hunting.

Happy Easter. Spent it at Camden yards with the family watching baseball.

14 Likes

Not everyone was open, most retailers were likely open because people having the day off = more shopping. School were mostly out as well. Even the stock market was closed on Friday.

I still haven’t noticed a single closing that would be unusual. Schools get Spring Break which is normal but the teachers here seem to be tied down to working most days like normal for internal stuff I assume. Even the town picked up the trash like normal this morning and Friday which was good because I overloaded the dumpster Sunday morning with a little Spring cleaning. Post Office was open as normal this morning again for drop off. Hit the bank and paid the rent and made deposits like normal this morning. Called the insurance company to get a new policy started and the office there was open as well. As long as UPS and USPS are running we pretty much have to be here anyway.

We’re still running big stupid sales anyway but I doubt traffic will be any heavier than normal week days since most people are at work like normal.

Bonus, I was able to get a free Reeses Peanut Butter Egg from the bank’s basket this morning to start the day. Nothing like a little chocopeanuty goodness to get the day going.

Not everyone observe Good Friday to give employees the day off. I’m just trying to emphasize that you got your shipment early likely due to Easter weekend, not because it’s April Fools. I think you’re overthinking this at this point…

I usually run 364 1/2 days a year, not really into the days off concept. If mom didn’t make me take Christmas morning off I wouldn’t be closed then. I’ve been rolling this morning with normal first of the week stuff but at least this conversation reminded me I hadn’t closed out the register for last month and I’d already rang in a $400 customer coming to get it with cash request so now I’m readjusted and correct and ready to roll for a new month. I’m thinking add lunch boxes and plushes to the sale and then dive into the back issues since the new stuff for this week is already finished last week. Maybe t-shirts as well.

1 Like

Maybe in a few weeks Diamond will make it thru the alphabet of regular titles and move on to the ratios. This may run more than a month to get to everything one list at a time.

1 Like

do you know if cleaning can remove finger prints.

see below:

thanks

I’m no expert but I’ve heard and seen some say they’ve used very soft erasers to remove smudges and fingerprints on comics. I’ve never done it myself so…

1 Like

[quote=“robotur, post:2244, topic:6064”]
do you know if cleaning can remove finger prints.

Yes, fingerprints can be removed to varying degrees. Removing any kind of dirt or soiling on a yellow cover can be tricky. Using artist erasers or Absorbent can definitely help but you have to be extremely careful. Too much pressure of any kind can remove pigment and yellow seems to be the easiest to accidently remove. Also, even if you are working on white areas too much pressure can remove some or all of the remaining gloss, A light touch and a lot of patience goes a long way. If it is something you haven’t tired, get some cheap, beat-up bronze age commons with the same/similar colors on the cover and experiment. Some don’t like cleaning or pressing their comics because they feel they might ruin them. Others (like me) find it kind of relaxing. A calming and fun hobby that happens to benefit my collection.

1 Like

Ed Piskor just passed away, left a suicide note and proclaimed his innocence. His brother confirmed on facebook. Cancel culture has gotten out of control.

1 Like

I was just reading his suicide note. Did they find his body? From what he said he was making himself trackable.

He may have known he wasn’t getting out of this one. The messages he sent to a 17 year old girl are crossing the line

He talks about it in the suicide note. And not defending or making excuses for him, but I have heard people make mention the age of consent is 16 in PA where he lives, super creepy but not necessarily illegal. He said in his note that a lot of this is being taken out of context.

The 16 year consent only applies up to 4 years. He’d have to be 20 or younger

1 Like

I don’t really care about the legality of everything he did. It was creepy. I don’t think he should’ve died though. It is a mess.

3 Likes

Most of those consent ages only allow 2-4 years of age though. So if he was 20, not considered rape more than likely but I’d have to go look up the laws but I’ve viewed them myself to be familiar when I had kids on the way to be prepared later in life (hopefully never have to).

Shit, knew it. I replied before seeing your comment but that sounds about right.

I live in pa

I never tried to sex chat up a young one so never bothered to learn the laws of another state, like I said, was creepy but not sure if what he did was illegal.