Odds and Ends

It highlights their overly biased approach. I realize everything has some bias

Besides here where did you see bleedingstool get blasted?

When it comes to an Eclipse…all I can ever think about is ole Dolores Claiborne killing off her husband.
Love that book…and the film actually did it justice which doesn’t happen often with King’s works.

Roling heavy with traffic again today. Mad Magazine has sold out. Another swifty in the last group. Godzilla Ultima Pop and X-Men 97 Rogue cover as well as a Marvel Select Rogue figure. Lots of Pops and figures getting homes today. Still nothing Marvel comic new from this week but I did get Ghostbusters Little Golden Book, Stay Puft Body Rocker and Oven mitts new homes. Lots of little items as well.

Wizard of Oz Pops and Invincible Pops just arrived as well as DC/Image for next week. What a great week other than Wednesday.

From PRH today we get Little Golden Book Planet of the Apes and Godzilla Here There Be Dragons trades for next week and of course, another Deapool #1 and Venom #32 from the test order the other day.

2 Likes

I think people are underestimating the powers of the Swifties. They can move mountains.

We have this 1920s style cinema theater that’s been in my neighborhood since I lived here. It’s been empty the last 15 years or so, been renovated several times and would occasionally show some Indy films. I never see people there. Then one day they decided to show the Swift eras tour. I kid you not, the Swifties showed up and the lineup went around the entire block. Just a sea of humanity as far as the eye could see with no end in sight. Unreal.

2 Likes

I knew it wouldn’t get filled but just to verify I tried to reorder more.

First batch of FCBD comics for Pokemon also came in from Diamond with the box of Funko’s.

2 Likes

Marvel Comics is proud to provide you with copies of:

BLOOD HUNT #1
$5.99 SRP
5/1/24 OSD

as part of our promotional efforts, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU!

Direct market retailers will be receiving at least 1 bundle of 6 copies of BLOOD HUNT #1
Bundle UPC: 75960628479524811

BLOOD HUNT, brought to YOU by the superstar team of Jed Mackay and Pepe Larraz, is sure to have readers begging for more (blood)!

Each bundle contains 6 copies of BLOOD HUNT #1 for which you can do as you please!

Making sure to kill any non Red Band chances at spec.

• The below “Blood Red” Variants will have 80# Opaque Cover Stock, the same as previously printed “Blank” white covers that are conducive to being sketched on, but these are simply “Blood Red” Blank Variants. The Titles have been amended to try and better clarify this for Retailers

• AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: BLOOD HUNT #1 BLOOD RED BLANK VARIANT [BH]
    • BLACK PANTHER: BLOOD HUNT #1 BLOOD RED BLANK VARIANT [BH]
    • BLOOD HUNTERS #1 BLOOD RED BLANK VARIANT [BH]
    • DRACULA: BLOOD HUNT #1 BLOOD RED BLANK VARIANT [BH]
    • MIDNIGHT SONS: BLOOD HUNT #1 BLOOD RED BLANK VARIANT [BH]
    • STRANGE ACADEMY: BLOOD HUNT #1 BLOOD RED BLANK VARIANT [BH]
    • UNION JACK THE RIPPER: BLOOD HUNT #1 BLOOD RED BLANK VARIANT [BH]
    • WOLVERINE: BLOOD HUNT #1 BLOOD RED BLANK VARIANT [BH]
    • X-MEN: BLOOD HUNT - JUBILEE #1 BLOOD RED BLANK VARIANT [BH]
  • BLOOD HUNT #1-5 Red Band Editions
    Please note: Although they are polybagged, the BLOOD HUNT #1-5 Red Band Edition cover art will have a unique logo/trade dress treatment to differentiate them from the Regular Edition cover art of BLOOD HUNT #1-5. Aside from the issue #1 Red Band Edition cover, which includes a subtle spoiler, the base cover art remains the same on both editions.

• Note on the BLOOD HUNT: RED BAND Editions: The digital codes in these BLOOD HUNT Red Band Editions will unlock the regular versions of the BLOOD HUNT series digitally.

1 Like

Marvel must have printed a shit ton to all of a sudden give copies away to retailers for free…

3 Likes

No screenwriter or actress is attached. This is only being put together to see if any studios are interested…

I ordered 8, they’re sending me 6 more at least so it’s almost doubling what I was expecting for A Covers. A cover is the one I was hoping they might slip a surprise/secret variant or something similar in for but free is just as good if it turns into actual sales unlike those Transformer #3’s first prints Image dumped on us because they over printed.

IDW is getting seriously chopped into nothingness.
Sheesh

2 Likes

I was reading about that and wrote a post discussing the latest layoffs I’ll put up tomorrow on my ol’ blog. I swear, the company is holding onto TMNT for dear life to stay somewhat solvent.

1 Like

Yeah…maybe their Star Trek books bring in some money, but it’s no where near turtles.

1 Like

I would hope IDW is just realigning. We dropped everything that starts with Star since it doesn’t sell. Image took everything that starts with Tran or GI. They have introduced a new paper catalog making them the 3rd publisher to provide us with something tangible to put in the hands of new customers to try and grow their line. All the Godzilla titles do okay so hopefully the increased exposure from the catalogs keeps them around and growing. Image, Dark Horse Dynamite and Boom can’t be bothered to put something in our hands to give away for free. Even a simple 1 page flyer a month with everything would be better than nothing if they can’t get an entire free catalog out the door.

1 Like

Woke up to a small Earthquake

1 Like

I was just about to post this. 4.8? Epicenter in NJ?

I’m in CT, about 2-3 hrs away and felt it pretty good.

@Anthony ? How’s Maryland?

I’ve never experienced one. Always on the road or sleeping. Weird!

These are hilarious. NY’ers are funny…

IMG_1713

3 Likes

We didn’t feel it here but I know others around us in MD did

We have had earthquakes here before. Very surreal.

Biggest concern on the East Coast is usually the water supply. Millions have wells and especially drilled wells sunk into the hard granite can be affected. In most of the cases I’ve seen, there would be some degree of collapse or sediment running into the well from the cracks getting disturbed but if you’re lucky enough not to have your pump, pipe and wire permanently trapped in the well, every one we cleaned back out and tested actually got a slight or larger increase in water flow than they had originally. Pump trapped in the well though could easily make the well itself unusable. I used to be a licensed water well driller and pump system installer.

2 Likes