Odds and Ends

I have those Who’s Who buried somewhere… I don’t even think they’re in boxes.
I think they’re in a dresser unit somewhere?
Time to open drawers and dust off the stuff I never put away from 30 years ago.

1 Like

Let’s see if this update copy pastes legibly.

IMAGE COMICS
RETAILER EXCLUSIVES

Hey all, Jon here!

This will be the final Retailer Exclusives email that you receive from me, as I’ll be moving over to Image’s production department to work more on the design end of things, so this is bittersweet for me. Since I took over the RE Program in 2021, we have done around 1,800 exclusive variants together! That’s about 1,220,600 units sold! Can you believe that? Thanks to all of you for keeping this thing going and boosting sales for the creators of all those awesome comics. We couldn’t have done it without you!

Until a new hire fills my current position (hopefully soon), please direct your request forms to Alex Cox (alexcox@imagecomics.com). Thanks a lot, everyone, and please check out July’s exclusives-eligible releases below!

REQUEST DEADLINE FOR JULY EXCLUSIVES IS 5/17/24
*unless otherwise noted

WITCHBLADE #1

STORY: MARGUERITE BENNETT
ART: GIUSEPPE CAFARO, ARIF PRIANTO
JULY 17 / 48 PAGES / FC / T+ / $4.99

Sara Pezzini is back in an all-new origin story! A reimagining of the classic storyline, this high-octane supernatural thriller starts at the beginning with familiar characters and new story arcs.

STORY New York City Police Detective Sara Pezzini’s life was forever fractured by her father’s murder. Cold, cunning, and hellbent on revenge, Sara now stalks a vicious criminal cabal beneath the city, where an ancient power collides and transforms her into something wild, magnificent, and beyond her darkest imaginings.

From co-creator MARC SILVESTRI (THE DARKNESS, CYBER FORCE, Batman and the Joker: The Dearly Duo) and writer MARGUERITE BENNETT (Animosity, Batwoman, DC Bombshells) with artist GIUSEPPE CAFARO (Suicide Squad, Power Rangers, Red Sonja) comes a bold new era of WITCHBLADE!

GENRE: ACTION & ADVENTURE SUPERHEROES SUPERNATURAL

REQUEST FORM DOWNLOAD

FINAL ART DUE 6/3

CLICK HERE FOR WITCHBLADE REFERENCE MATERIAL AND VARIANT ART GUIDELINES

FREE AGENTS #1

STORY: KURT BUSIEK, FABIANNICIEZA
ART: STEPHEN MOONEY, TRIONA FARRELL
JULY 3 / 48 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.99

An all-new ongoing series! KURT BUSIEK (ASTRO CITY), FABIAN NICIEZA (Deadpool), and STEPHEN MOONEY (Half Past Danger) introduce a team of young veterans, survivors of a massive intergalactic war.

Salvo. Pike. Katari. Shakti. Ridge. Maraud. Chalice.
They’ve fought every day of their existence and won a terrible victory. Now they’re stranded on Earth, free agents for the first time.

But when relics from their long war appear, threatening their chance at better lives, their greatest battle begins. They’ve fought for a million planets. Can they fight to save their own souls?

GENRE: ACTION & ADVENTURE FANTASY SCIENCE FICTION

REQUEST FORM DOWNLOAD

FINAL ART DUE 5/20/24

ALL THE THINGS WE DIDN’T DO LAST NIGHT (ONE-SHOT)

STORY/ART: MARIA LLOVET
JULY 3 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.99

“CRIMINALS TO LOVERS”
Author MARIA LLOVET (CRAVE, Luna, Porcelain) returns with this sexy one-shot compilation of her 3-part story, previously published in the IMAGE 30TH ANNIVERSARY ANTHOLOGY.

Mamen is a young art historian who has become a jewelry thief because of a trauma from her past.

Damon is a hitman tired of his bosses.

Oblivious to their secret lives, they meet cute and promise to go on a date.

But fate unites them before they planned, as both witness each other’s crime.

GENRE: ACTION & ADVENTURE CRIME & MYSTERY ROMANCE

REQUEST FORM DOWNLOAD

FINAL ART DUE 5/20/24

SUPERMASSIVE 2024 (ONE-SHOT)

STORY: KYLE HIGGINS, RYAN PARROTT, MELISSA FLORES, MAT GROOM
ART: STEFANO SIMEONE
JULY 10 / 56 PAGES / FC / T+ / $5.99

While Radiant Black stands alone against the robot armies of THE CATALYST WAR…where is the rest of the Massive-Verse? With one of their own trapped behind enemy lines as time begins to unravel, it’ll take a SUPERMASSIVE team—including SHIFT, RADIANT RED, ROGUE SUN, THE DEAD LUCKY, and INFERNO GIRL RED—to turn the tide of one of the most fateful battles of the war in this 50-page one-shot crossover event with art from rising star STEFANO SIMEONE (RADIANT BLACK, MIDLIFE)!

SUPERMASSIVE 2024 is a Massive-Verse series.

GENRE: SUPERHEROES

REQUEST FORM DOWNLOAD

FINAL ART DUE 5/27/24

ONGOING SERIES ELIGIBLE FOR RETAILER EXCLUSIVES

SCARLETT #2 REQUEST FORM DOWNLOAD

DESTRO #2 REQUEST FORM DOWNLOAD

TRANSFORMERS #10 REQUEST FORM DOWNLOAD

GI JOE #308 REQUEST FORM DOWNLOAD

Click here to view a full PDF of the Image Comics July 2024 Lunar Catalog

If you’re interested in doing an exclusive from the list of new titles, please download the request form provided, fill out and send to:

jonschlaffman@imagecomics.com

And if you’re interested in any from the list of ongoing series, go ahead and email me and I’ll send you the paperwork you’ll need!

Thank you!

REQUEST DEADLINE FOR JULY EXCLUSIVES IS 5/17/24
*unless otherwise noted

Image Comics Retailer Exclusives Program Info

Every month, Image Comics will be rolling out a new batch of first issues that will be eligible for retailer exclusive variants.

In addition to new series, many ongoing series and trade collections are also available for Retailer Exclusives.

Forms for each title will be available for retailers to download, fill out and send to Image Comics’ Specialty Sales Coordinator, Jon Schlaffman (jonschlaffman@imagecomics.com).

Retailers interested in participating in Image Comics’ Retailer Exclusives program must be aware of and agree to the following requirements:

• Every retailer exclusive cover requested will have a *minimum order of 500 copies unless otherwise noted
  • Retailers may request multiple versions of a cover (virgin, b&w pencils, etc) but *EACH cover has a minimum order of 500 copies unless otherwise noted
  • Every retailer requesting one or more exclusives on an issue #1 commits to also purchasing 50 copies of #1 (any open to buy covers); 40 copies of #2 (any open to buy covers) AND 40 copies of #3 (any open to buy covers)
  • For each retailer exclusive variant requested, retailer agrees to make advance payment to Image of $500, which will cover the plate change fees and cover Image’s Production and Coordination expenses
  • Payment is required by the Thursday preceding the FOC date. If payment is not received, books will not be printed
  • All retailer exclusives will ship through Lunar Distributing
  • Artist selection is required to have been signed off on by the creators before the Request Form Deadline
  • A rough sketch of the cover requires creator approval before proceeding to the final art stage
  • Final art is due two weeks before issue FOC
  • Missing any deadlines will result in an immediate, non-negotiable cancellation of the retailer exclusive
  • NO EXCEPTIONS to any of the above requirements will be made or considered
2 Likes

The math works out to an average of 678 comics (units) per order so it would appear most people are only ordering 500 (minnimum order).

1,220,600 divided by 1,800 = 678

All go thru Lunar with the higher discount rates and lower freight charges.

Is Image trying to top Marvel for retailer variants ???

geeesh

1 Like

Man if feels good to install new parts in my car. Its like driving a new car lol. Smooth…

2 Likes

I just did my brakes. Bought online and done myself.
Pretty darn easy (although lengthy without a “lift”)

I don’t think there is a bigger money-maker out there in the auto repair business than brakes. It’s crazy ridiculous expensive to have done

2 Likes

Replaced the brakes on the wife’s suv for the first time last summer.

Took me all damn day…

2 Likes

Yeeeeeeeeeep… lengthy but do-able is the way I kinda see it. Better be able to dedicate the multiple hours. But in the end it’s a good feeling. I think … lol

2 Likes

where have you been its ever since they made us put item specifics

Yup. Specially the dealers. They charge and arm and a leg for basic brake job.

Someone broke my wife’s side mirror. Called the dealer where we bought the car from. They wanted $350 for the part, plus $75 for the color cover and about $200 or so for labor.

I called another dealer, they hooked it up. Paid $195 for the mirror, $35 for the cover and I had my 11yr old install it for her. Of course I helped him out and showed him how its done.

He was all like “thats it? 3 screws and a wire?” Yup thats it lol.

3 Likes

$150 an hour. And everything is at least one hour. Even 3 screw, 10 minute jobs.
And I thought CGC books are a racket. Pfffft. They’re nothing compared to the 3 screw, 10 minute, $150 job from auto service station!!! LOLOL
Now THATs a racket

3 Likes

And most don’t realize that car mechanics charge based on “mechanical hours”… had a buddy that was a certified mechanic at Lexus dealership in Dallas. Even the oil change that took the dealer an hour only took the mechanic 15 minutes but they would charge like 3 mechanical hours to the dealership. Might not be the same now as this was two decades ago but I thought it was pretty absurd of how they charged “hours” at dealerships.

Some of the most senior mechanics there were pulling in almost 200k a year.

3 Likes

As long as they’re not drum brakes, and the rotators are good, pretty basic job. I can swap the actual brake pads out in a few minutes each. It’s lifting and removing the tire and putting t it back on that’s 90% the work. Especially if the lugs are froze ln and the wheel is seized to the axle. But I have a sledge hammer for when that happens.

Thank goodness jeep wrangler got rid of the drums in the rear.

My check engine light has been on for months…something about engine not reaching temperature so I need to replace the thermostat I believe…which involves moving some parts out of my way and draining the coolant…been waiting for a warmer weekend to tackle that.

It’ll take me all day, if not the weekend as I’m sure there will be some trial and error…but I’m not paying a garage $1000 to replace a $30 part if I can avoid it.

3 Likes

It’s not just that…they also try to make you feel like the brakes are practically gone…I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been told my brakes have 10% life left, only to pull of the tire myself and measure the remaining pad to find more than half of it still present…

One time I was like “I just put the on 10k miles ago!!

3 Likes

Oh man. When my wife got her car, we took it in for her 3rd service. It had between 10k and 12k miles on the car. They told her she needed all 4 brakes done. She said she was going to wait. They sure know hot to take advantage of people. Specially woman. I hate that :poop:.

Yes. It pulls up all kinds of irrelevant comics, even when searching specifically

I had an ex-girlfriend once call me from the tire place, she was getting new tires. They did brakes and such too.

They tried to tell her that her brakes were so bad that they couldn’t let her leave in the car until they were fixed, it was unsafe and the laws couldn’t allow them to let her leave. Basically trying to scare her and since she didn’t know anything about cars. So she calls me up crying almost so I’m like, put the guy on the phone. Before he even got a word in, I said, “Put the ■■■■■■■ wheels back on the car, let my girlfriend pay the tire tab and tell her your ■■■■■■■ sorry for trying to scam her into buying brakes you ■■■■■■■ twat, there’s nothing wrong with the brakes currently. Don’t make me get off the couch and come down there!”

She got home about 20 minutes later and said the guy apologized for lying to her.

6 Likes

I don’t spend time writing reviews, but after a situation like that I would tell everyone I know (locally) that shop’s name and what they did, and blast them on Google, Yelp, etc.

Hell yeah, someone out there needs to animate this scene

1 Like