Odds and Ends

@jcLu
My initial draw with regards to Knull as I felt like he was created akin to some of the mythological Gods/characters that I’ve always been very fond of. I liked the way they tied him into Grendel/Beowuf. I liked that he was sort of the forgotten, bitter God that was left to an empty existence while the other Gods got to shine.
Reminded me a bit of Hades suppose.
The problem is that Marvel has to tie him into Superheroes/the Marvel mainline stories and this didn’t work at all for me. I’m ok with various stories/characters sort of just sticking within their own niche. Sort of like all the Marvel horror stuff…just keep it horror. I don’t need Captain America fighting Dracula, etc.

I liked his look, design, powers and I did feel his history made sense. It was once all that was just sort of thrown out the window that it became meh?

1 Like

Thats how i looked at him, the sort of “Devil” of space. He has potential as a great villain and I thought the same with the mythology angle. Also horror, he comes off like he’s something out of Hellraiser. I still like he is a Celestial by-product.

4 Likes

For me, it is a combination of his look, his place within the symbiote mythos (not that I’m a giant Venom fan, but Cates run, imo, will go down as arguably the most significant in his publication history.)

As for his motivation, although somewhat thin it is powerful. He was happy in his space and it was taken from him. You can compare that to real life with Native American land being colonized against their will, or the gentrification of our cities. His origin also makes me think of Starro’s dying line in The Suicide Squad when he said “I was happy…floating among the stars…” until he was encroached upon.

2 Likes

Also, and this may a littke bit speccy, but I think that Knull is an agent of an even bigger baddy. Maybe I am misinterpreting what Knull did/said but it seems like Knull is a soldier if a bigger Void, a Darkness that has yet to be revealed? Is this the Black Winter or something else?

The panels seem to indicate that the Darkness existed long before Knull but Knull bent the Darkness to his will. Now, with Knull’s dying breath he threatens/warns that the Darkness has teeth (as if to say it is now totally unleashed and not to be taken lightly?)

How do you all take what is said?

I’m sold. Black Winter 100%

1 Like

BLACK WINTER IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS.

Complete sentence.

2 Likes

I know Black Winter is a running joke, but it is a possibility. My only hang up is how could Knull have bent an omniversal entity to his will?

It’s Mephisto.

He left that thread hanging, so unless it is something he has planned out and approved by Marvel, maybe it is going to turn out to be the new big bad in Ram V’s Venom series (who I am sure is just going to turn out to be Eddie Brock)

1 Like

When Cates presented his Venom arc it was pitched as a five year plan. He only did two and a half ish years.

Thread…or chad?

He left because of Substack…

There’s a word I haven’t heard much lately. Remember how big a deal it was when some creators were launching substack mailing lists? That seems to have really petered out.

2 Likes

He didn’t leave Marvel… unless I am missimg something?

He left Venom…not Marvel. Cates seems only capable to write 3 books per month…

Z2 Comics is proud to announce DEATH FOR HIRE: The Origin of Tehk City, a new hard-crime graphic novel prelude to a massive IP universe that will span animation, music, toys, NFTs, and beyond.”

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LMAO !! This is some serious pump and dump shit

2 Likes
1 Like

I’d actually just like to read it without the gimmicks as a fan of many of the hip-hop artists involved.

2 Likes

Anyone buy these Deadpool Photobomb variants from 2018 ?

Does anyone have a good, reliable source for pre-ordering hobby cards, non sports trading cards, collectible card games?