Odds and Ends

Golden Globes are tonight. I don’t really care besides a snazzy host, Jerrod Carmichael. That man is funny.

Target exclusive

pbf_comics does pretty hilarious comic strips on instagram. they just posted some marvel-themed strips. enjoy:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Ah, Perry Bible Fellowship has some zany strips.

1 Like
1 Like

Haslab G.I JOE Skystrikers are shipping. Received notice the one I ordered is en route.

1 Like
2 Likes

Someone made a short documentary on the Dayton, Ohio comic shop scene. Bagged and Boarded - YouTube

1 Like

Neat doc, for a student film it was really well edited and had a nice flow. thanks for posting!

1 Like

I’m not sure if any of you heard about the massive warehouse find of Star Wars toys last year?
The auction for the items has begun. Fun just to look at. Interesting also because you don’t typically see a “different” auction house involved with this type of find anymore.
I’ve been watching posts from a few of the established high roller collectors who are attending.
Pretty incredible find. I’m interested to see what some of the bigger pieces fetch in the current market. This was a high profile find so many just want items for the provenance of it. I like the shipping case full of carded Yoda’s currently at 18k.

1 Like

Any Gonk droids this time? :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

Very well done. Thanks for sharing. It touched on so much in its short run time.

1 Like

2 Likes

Never heard of this but it has a cool cast.

Thoughts on people who are in Starbucks and make it their personal office? Like loud talking on a conference call? 3 people in this Starbucks and dude is talking at the top of his lungs. Maybe I’m the jerk.

3 Likes

UPDATE…he is letting his European colleagues know that the groundhog saw his shadow and there will be 6 weeks of winter. They have no idea what he is talking about.

2 Likes

I find most Starbucks patrons annoying, I find the hole in the wall local coffee shops. I like supporting smaller local businesses if I can. If I do get stuck with Starbucks types places, I make sure to take earbuds or noise cancelling headphones to keep on at all times.

5 Likes

You should sit closer to him, make a call and talk really really loud yourself. And just keep looking over at him while talking and smile a lot. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes