Odds and Ends

wow. i wouldn’t be sending all those blue chips in one submission thats for sure.

3 Likes

That is horrific to see.

3 Likes

Yeah, something doesn’t seem right, but what a loss to take at once if it is all above board.

1 Like

This. There is no way in hell I would ship these books.

2 Likes

Agreed. For what you’re paying to get them graded, might as well buy a ticket and fly down and hand them to them personally. Wow.

The fact that someone shipped them to a store in NYC just to have them shipped to cgc is also crazy.

2 Likes

I don’t know where else to post this, so here’s the new Void Rivals #4 spoiler cover. https://imgur.com/1XqGhvK

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Tarot-Guidebook-Syndee-Barwick/dp/0789341239

1 Like

I still get emails from Frankie’s even since they did their bankruptcy filing and continue to sell stuff. That has rubbed me the wrong way and now they’re gonna be doing eBay Live. I feel like there are many people way more deserving.

2 Likes

Frankie’s could have the most amazing book ever, and I won’t send them $1 at this point. Just can’t support that crooked business practice and lack of accountability.

6 Likes

Sometime even when I do pay extra for signature the idiot delivery person will leave it by my mailbox.

I’ve yet to have FedEx get a signature from anyone at my home for CGC deliveries. The last 4-5 just left on my front porch. I’m out in the middle of cornfields, nowhere but still…

1 Like

And 27 years later…

I heard the other day they were moving in on a killer.

2 Likes

More time was spent without a killer booked than Tupac was alive (he died at 25). Clearly, if you murder a famous rapper you will get caught…you just have to give interviews saying you did it, write a book taking responsibility, and wait two and a half decades.

Thought this was a cool story and it made our national news. There were significant wild fires here in British Columbia Canada this year. Some of the people lost their homes. One person interviewed was devastated that he lost his entire collection of 34,000 comics that he had saved for his retirement. Someone saw the interview on tv and decided to give him his entire comic collection. Comic book fans looking out for one another!

4 Likes

“Saving for retirement”…“Conan the Barbarian”… LMFAO!

I’ve never had a CGC order via FedEx but every time I get a FedEx that requires a signature, I have to be home or they leave a note and I have to go pick it up at the local FedEx location which is usually a pain in the arse…

1 Like

Yeah… honestly, because of where I live, I’m fine with it.
If something happens it will be on them anyway.
About the only issue I ever had was they left it on the front porch in the middle of winter when it was zero degrees out. I was worried about bringing it into a warm home/condensation, etc.