Oh That KCC…

That’s why I am on this forum, to get the right information.

2 Likes

And jokes!

1 Like

An information database that regularly gets their information wrong is a pretty big flaw, imo, and not that handy, as I stated above.

1 Like

David, do we know who the Bad Idea guys are? For example, we know Image was founded by a group of Marvel artists. So who exactly is behind Bad Idea? And, what is their agenda? They don’t seem to follow any sort of meticulously-planned schedule.

Which is why it’s only one tool and their info is often checked against other databases to make sure it’s accurate. They’re far from perfect but who besides me is? LOL.

I believe it’s owned by Dinesh who use to run Valiant.

1 Like

I remember a couple of months ago there was an announcement that Harbinger was going to be made into a film. I also read that shortly before that someone gobbled up tons of Harbinger
#1 9.8s on the bay. I remember someone jokingly suggested that Dinesh himself was the mystery buyer. Am I crazy, or did all this Valiant stuff and Bad Idea stuff kind of happen around the same time? And when I say “Bad Idea” stuff, I mean its inception.

1 Like

Last I checked I am perfect.

1 Like

You’re a grown man… should really stop listening to your mama!

If that is the case, I wouldn’t bother with the flawed database, and I’d go directly to the source that the flawed database is using to (hopefully) correct their own flaws. I digress. :beers:

1 Like

I will usually compare it to the marvel database online if I’m unsure. The marvel database isn’t always accurate as well. I like the feature where you can pick a series and it’ll pull up the key issues. It’s not perfect and mistakes are made but nothings perfect.

1 Like

Key difference here is, isn’t that community driven with updates and not pushing affiliate links while also charging people to use it? That’s the key difference I think. This is a paid app for most and they’re pushing out updates in hopes it makes them more money from clicks. So it’s important for their information to be correct and for me, it should be vetted and verified before publishing. If I was paying for a service that depended on “accurate information”, you better bet I don’t want to see them push mistakes out daily only to get quietly updated afterwards.

Yes, it’s another tool in the tool shed but it’s the shitty dull chisel if you ask me. I’ll only use it when the other tools aren’t available.

1 Like

I see it more that the tool is a rough piece of sandpaper….you start out with it to quickly whittle down to the layer you want, then polish it up with the more Refined grained paper.

Or maybe it’s a chainsaw. Not without its risks, but when used properly can knock hours off relative to using a hand saw or hand clippers. Use those to fine tune once you clear the dense brush.

What other tool analogies people got?

1 Like

Preach!!

1 Like

Any tool can be used correctly or incorrectly. Don’t use a hammer when you need a screwdriver.

I am one of the biggest critics but still use it for different things. Like listing books that they put on their hotlists. Makes me money.

2 Likes

butter knife is the most versatile tool

1 Like

Oh yeah, I’ll criticize KCC too but I enjoy using it to look up stuff when I’m out digging through books or list stuff they say is getting hot.

I use my teeth for lots of thing. Cutting fishing line, severing tape, opening certain bottle caps, separating by legos.

Oh, and eating.

Don’t chip a tooth!

So they are trying to pump Punisher 1 as a spec issue because of a rumor Punisher will appear in Thunderbolts (MCU) with the new skull logo. I really have to disagree on that being “the book to get”. The regular cover does not even have the new skull logo. Timeless introduced the logo on the cover of the second print, I believe. I would think that would be the book to get if you wanted first appearance of Punisher with the new logo. Just a thought while laying on the couch scrolling on my phone. Lazy day off….

3 Likes