Online Comic Store Report Card

Welp aandzcomics on eBay just refunded my money for my 3 preorders of the Carnage Pop and Venom 27 comic. I thought it might happen as I have never ordered from them before. I placed my order on July 4 :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Is that an online shop or an EBay seller? This info might be better suited with the bad ebay seller thread.

(@agentpoyo?)

I think AandZ is an actual shop as well…

Put it in both places! Double blacklisted!

1 Like

Has anyone purchased from Golden Apple? I placed an order for comics that came out on 8/12 on 8/4 and they haven’t shipped out yet. It was my first time ordering from them.

I have a few times, but don’t anymore. Mostly because they are on the other side of the country and charge a crazy price to ship one or two books.

Other than their high shipping costs I’ve never had an issue.

1 Like

Poor Boy Comics:

Actually came through with my order of 50 Death Metal Legends of the Dark Knight pretty well. All of the comics were in NM+ or better condition, all look to be 9.8’s actually, unless the grader is having a bad day. The shipping was a little slow, it took them a week after the release date to arrive (I per-ordered them). They grouped the comics in 4 sets of packages in a large box that seemed to be in Gemini II like packages, with the Styrofoam peanuts surrounding the 4 packages. Since I’m holding on to the comics and not flipping them for a quick profit, I’m fairly happy with the quality of the comics they sent me.

That’s good to hear because I just per-ordered some comics from them that were a little bit pricey, but I think will turn out to be big winners once people start to show interest in them.

Yeah, I like State of Comics. I’d recommend them along with other stores discussed.

Oops sorry David, I didn’t clarify I was replying to the Whitfield Comics post you posted.

I like Westfield a lot too. Also recommended!

Do the comics come in NM/Mint condition most of the time from Whitfield when they are per-ordered? Because the comics I ordered I intend on collecting.

They’ve never had any damage I could see!

Got my poor boy comics yesterday. 4 copies of Batman adventure continues 2 for cover. Excellent packaging. Shipped media but I never mind that as long as it’s packaged well.

Media mail can be risky…if they open to inspect then you’ll get hit with the upcharge to first class or priority…not poor boy.

But likely they would want a COD. That happened to me recently on a shipment to a customer on eBay. 95-99% of my comics I only offer first class or priority…but for reader copies or Drek lots I sometimes will offer media mail…so they got me one time…had to reimburse the buyer. Fortunately they were reader copies as I mentioned.

Sent probably 95% of my books media mail. Never once had any issues.

1 Like

Me neither…until this one time.

I’ve probably sent at least 100 comic sales via media mail…so I’m going to say I have a 99% success rate.

I have to say Kevin at Frankies comics takes customer service to another level. Refunded me old shipping charges I didn’t ask to be refunded. Because there was a problem with the sign up on my account for free shipping. Responded to my email in less than 3 minutes. I’ve been using them for a long time since the Hoknes days but never needed to contact them before so never have had a problem with Frankies.

1 Like

Here’s a quickie,

Beware Comic Envy…their online store teases you with potential awesome finds…but then a week later cancels the order claiming “out of stock.”

And yet when I return to the site the very same books are still up for sale…

I give them an F.

Just had my 2 copies of Spawn 309 cancelled from Unknown Comics from an order I placed over 2 weeks ago. Now the order was a few days passed FOC, so I can understand that. What is concerning is that it takes over 2 weeks to actually have it cancelled on the Monday before it goes on sale. It was also not the hyped book it is now when I ordered.