Online Comic Store Report Card

After FOC is a swing and a miss but I agree should have given a heads up sooner.

Sounds like Zeus comics. Happened to me

What was the reason Unknown gave you? First I’ve heard of them canceling orders.

I agree. Usually they know exactly what they’re getting in and will “sell out” shortly after LOC…this is concerning as it seems to be Becoming a trend on books exploding before going on sale…

1 Like

No reason given. I sent an email to see if they can explain. Just sent me the refund for both books. Again no big deal if this would have been last week even, but 2 days before they go on sale… hmmmm.

Interesting. Report back here if you do hear anything.

They sent me multiples of Venom 25 2nd I ordered when that book was going in the $20-25 range which is about what the 309 McFarlane (I assume that’s what you ordered) is at.

You’re not going to hear anything. They’re not the best at returning emails. Call them if you really want to know.

That’s crap. Some of these comic shops are borderline garbage for doing that to customers. TFAW screwed me out of my Legends and still can’t locate copies for me - even today. I pre-ordered enough in advance. Crap.

From the spawn 309 thread…maybe should jump in.

I would tell you Unknown comics is graded an F but if you still use them you probably haven’t listened to anyone here Anyways.

2 Likes

My story with them includes them not shipping a regular cover book ordered in quantity for two whole months after release so I ask to cancel that order they respond by canceling all my orders like 3 months worth of preorders including my 2nd print 1st cover Of Sleeper in quantity the week before they came out because they were hot.

They get an F for F them!

In better news Fanmerchandise finally shipped my Death Metal #3 cover C’s after not responding to 3 emails. They did apologize double my order for free and give me a $10 coupon. So they get a B+ from me.

One of my go to’s for older books, Mycomicshop, sent me a package on 8/7/20. This was a big package and is lost in the mail. I called USPS to put a tracer on it because it is way outside the delivery window. I called Mycomicshop and they offered to replace the books, when they saw what the books were, they said yeah, was cannot replace them, but offered a full refund.

Titan sent me the replacements for my Horizon SDCC Peach Momoko covers. This time they bagged and boarded them.

My Scout order from 7/23/20 is still not here. It has been over 30 days since I ordered the books and 24 days since they shipped them, still no end in site. Since they shipped them media mail, chances are the books will be roached when they get here

And finally, my Fantom Comics order has been in the mail for 7 days to make the 30 minute trip from DC. No scheduled delivery date is showing so no idea when they will get here.

Speaking of FanMadeMerch…

A little delayed but finally arrived. Packaging was a little Tight, but not totally unreasonable to ship 5 books in a single Gemini mailer. Some places (Playsanity/TFAW) won’t even do that.

All but 1 arrived in NM+ or better shape. The other NM. So overall very happy they came through, although a little slow In shipping out (as Alana mentioned - but seems she will be more than Compensated)…in the mean time prices have dropped $10 from a week ago. Oh well, will try to flip a few to cover the cost of the 5.

Overall I give them a B. And that’s mostly because their website could be a little more advanced, they could offer more of a selection, (I think they only sell DC) and slow shipment. All kind of minor things in the big picture.

When everywhere else was sold out, they had copies for cover, and no limits…I mean NONE. I could have ordered 100,000 copies (would have made their life interesting). Will look to them given the same set of circumstances.

If they have a good deal, I wouldn’t hesitate to order again.

1 Like

When you put them in the bucket of big online shops like Mike High, TFAW, MCS, Midtown, Golden Apple, Sanctum, etc, I don’t see them any better or worse right now. You can hold grudges, but at this point they’ve all done the same thing to people. Sometimes it’s the way they do it that rubs people the wrong way. I mostly fault them for lack of communication.

Not saying you should forgive, but just saying just about every one of these shops has wronged someone here in a similar way. It happens. Sorry for your experience.

I can say I’ve never been wronged by them and I’ve probably Made orders 30+ Orders in 3 years. So my grade is a B+/A- only because of communication and sometimes they’ve been slow during con season. But got everything I’ve ever orders with only a couple Books that were not NM or better

1 Like

Tried to order 3x each Justice League 53 A/B this morning from Comix Zone. It was cancelled shortly after and perhaps their stock is already out (it is listed as pre-order but now 1 per that wasn’t there when I ordered).

I did miss FOC, so guess it is on me, but got this note back: https://prnt.sc/u5kv18 Interesting note about not selling to resellers.

So I know Unknown is getting a lot of backlash right now over some Spawn cancellations, but I’m happy to say I received all 24 copies of Legends from them yesterday, finally.

I would have to say, give them (Unknown) the benefit of the doubt to start off with. The reason you are likely seeing cancellations yesterday and or today is due to the fact they likely got their orders in and noticed they couldn’t fulfill them all. So it’s likely, first come, first serve based on order date…

Cry foul if and when you see them selling them elsewhere or on their very site at jacked up prices.

Yeah I’m giving them the benefit they have had way too many hot books for them to spec on spawn 309. I agree with Poyo in the fact that orders just came in and they did a head count and realized they messed up.