Online Comic Store Report Card

They are doing a live stream right now on it. They said my order was canceled but they haven’t refunded me.

They sent me a screen shot saying a refund was made. I do not see a refund but they put the reason for refund as this

Um… I didn’t change or cancel my order.

I have asked them to cancel all my orders from them. We shall see if they do. They said they were canceling multiple order orders, flipper orders as they said in the live stream. That’s fine, cancel all my orders for books I planned on flipping. I don’t need their books.

1 Like

So they are picking and choosing who they cancel? Seems like an odd tactic.

You’d think they’d just cancel from the duplicate listing or fulfill the oldest orders.

They said that? I must have missed it. I haven’t had an order cancelled yet. My Spawns or any other orders. I’ll keep an eye out for emails.

How you going to cancel a flippers books if he ordered them before foc? I think that flipper deserves his books for handing their money over first that’s how preorders work everywhere else unless limits are placed on copies before any purchases are made.

1 Like

How do you even know who is a flipper and who could be a hoarder? It’s a weird thing to state for sure.

1 Like

Right. I order 2 copies. That means I’m a flipper I guess.

Sort of cracks me up how all of this sort of thing becomes the fault of “speccers and flippers” as the bane of the comic industry.

If I want to preorder 100 copies of a book and burn em in a barrel than so be it.

At the same time, I’m not the guy who ever, ever puts all his fish in one barrel. I saw a few folks with orders for like 25, 50, 100 copies. While I don’t think this is necessarily wrong, or that if they ordered them pre-FOC they shouldn’t get them…BUT…it is setting up some serious “hey…look at this order” and you can pretty much bet if the book really does take off…it’s your order that is the one getting cancelled versus the fellow with 5 or less.

Never seen people get so crazy over a Spawn book that’s not a con variant. I wouldn’t know what the big deal is anyway Gunslinger looks like Spawn holding a rifle that’s worth to me zero of my dollars. My Spawn collection will stay at 6 books for the time being.:joy: No worry of getting cancelled if you don’t buy any.

1 Like

This thread was supposed to be quick statements about a particular experience with a shop and a grade. So if someone wanted to see what people said about a particular shop it would be easy to find.

Agreed Unknown is really handling this spawn 309 snafu terribly. No doubt. But maybe the play by play can go in the span 309 thread and a summary after the fact can be posted here?

Poyo?

1 Like

Any screenshots of this convo where they said flippers etc? Idk seems off and in the FB thread I’m not getting of those kind of responses

Poyo taking day off from moderating… :wink:

Alright a day off.

Beep beep beep beep beep beeppen

Lol

Heh, more like day off from CHU moderating only… I spent all day troubleshooting one issue… and finally finished… Whew!

all FOC orders will be fulfilled according to their FB video (something like ~80 orders of Spawn 309). But all of the post-FOC orders (~500) won’t be because diamond can’t supply them the book (and they couldn’t secure extra copies from their partner channels). It all stems from a dupe listing that wasn’t taken down after FOC (All according to their video).

My post-FOC order was cancelled. Not a big deal.

Doesn’t explain Anthony’s order…i thought he said he ordered “early” which I assume he meant prior to FOC.

I had Zeus Comics cancel a Ms. Marvel #9 (2nd Print) on me this week. It was my first order with them. If others have had the same issue you can make your own assumptions.

I also placed my Legends order (3x) with Tall Man Toy & Comics a few weeks ago and everything was received immediately. Also, they tossed in a Batman #96 1:25 for free due to a promo (no joke!). Subsequently made other orders (e.g., Frederici Metal #2) which came through nicely. Highly recommended!

2 Likes

Zeus will cancel orders and repost them at higher price. They did to me on Miles books

More trouble for BigTimeCollectibles
UPDATE ON CROW LETHE #3 PEACH MOMOKO COVER

We regret to inform everyone that ordered Crow Lethe #3 Peach Momoko that your order will be refunded and will no longer be filled.

Diamond comics and IDW decided to not ship our big order even though it was ordered far beyond the FOC date.

We were told that the reason for not shipping our order is because IDW did not print enough and therefore they pick BTC not to get the copies we ordered.

It is disappointing for all our customers that are waiting for this book.

REFUNDS ARE EXPECTED TO PROCESS STARTING TODAY, 08/26/20.