Paper Girls Picked up by Amazon

If done right this has stranger things breakout potential

1 Like

Everything that involves sci-fi, kids, and set in the 80s nowadays is riding on the coattails of Stranger Things. Once something becomes popular, studios think they can replicate that with other propertiesā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™d imagine that BKV had this story planned out or in his head before Stranger Things even debutedā€¦ just a coincidence itā€™s 80s based, which isnā€™t surprising since writers are going to incorporate the decade they likely grew up in into their story telling. Just take a look at all the other stories that took place in the 50s, 60s and 70s from writers who grew up in such decades.

2 Likes

Same. Lately Iā€™ve been having issues watching shows on Prime.

2 Likes

Watched the first episode last night. Amazon did a great job translating it to the screen. Anyone else watch it yet?

1 Like

Had no idea it was starting to airā€¦ Iā€™m assuming weekly releases? Iā€™ll probably wait until they all come out, I like binging seasons to just get them all out of the way in one day or so.

The first 9 episodes were released

Oh well thenā€¦

Paper Girls so far has a 100% score review on Rotten Tomatoes so far. 12 critics and 2 users.

I watched episode 1 and is is EPIC! What a phenomenal start to the series and excellent casting.

Iā€™m taking this one slowly in order to enjoy it. Amazon has been doing a really good job with their content IMO

Edit: I am not one of the 12/2 people that have written reviews. I only have time for CHU

1 Like

I also have not reviewed it on Rotten Tomatoes or anywhere else

I watched the first episode and thought it was ok. Ive heard it just gets better. Ill make my way thru them over the next week.

I honestly thought this was still months from release and was in post-production. Now it is suddenly out?

1 Like

According to the trailer above July 29 is the release date

Iā€™m through 3 episodes so far and really enjoying it.

1 Like

It is pretty good but for me the pacing is on the slow side. Overall, I enjoyed it though.

Iā€™m through 4 episodes and am enjoying it, know nothing about the comic other than owning #1.

They gotta somehow turn 30 issues into multiple seasons :wink:

1 Like

Also weird to see Ali Wong in a serious role, she does a great job though.

2 Likes