Paper Girls Picked up by Amazon

I am on like the 5th episode and have to say that the sound track is awesome and I can’t believe they pulled off the robot. Loved that they use cover like colors for the intro. Pretty happy with the show.

4 Likes

I’ve been digging the music in the show as well. :slight_smile:

Finished it last night. Pleasantly surprised. Great characters. I hope it gets a second season.

1 Like

That’s how it usually is with indie and Image titles that actually make it to screen. Walking Dead was the exception there for a while with firsts, other than that, you only need to own the first issue to offload. :wink:

Finished and really liked it. Can’t wait for the next season.

Also, I feel really bad for Larry. Geez… that poor guy!

2 Likes

Man this show was a disappointment. Not even a direct adaptation, more like a cheap knockoff.

Mediocre writing. CW-level cgi.

Will be the same fate for any future comic show on Amazon.

1 Like

Love BKV but so far he’s 0-2 with these adaptations

1 Like

Makes me nervous for if anyone ever dares to make a, “Saga,” adaptation.

It would be expensive to make and some stuff they probably couldn’t put on tv. My friend just asked me if he should buy a saga a few weeks ago and asked if it could be made live action and I said well Paper Girls was good so maybe sometime down the line. Now Papergirls is cancelled :joy:

Didn’t BKV saga live action is never happening and he made the comic to basically be undaptable

This is one I hope someone else picks up because the first season was awesome.

5 Likes

It could be a cool animated show!

Too bad, I thought it was decent.

2 Likes

I thought so too. I enjoyed the show more than I expected

So what’s BKV’s track record so far? Not that it’s his fault shows her Canned, but it seems like a pattern is beginning…at least for his comic adaptations.

Is ex-machine still on track?

1 Like

I think BKV said he made that one so ridiculous that no one would even try to make it into a show.

I loved this show and I’m not sure why everyone was dogging on Y Last Man, that was a great show as well.