Planet of the Symbiotes (1/13/2021)

You guys think Cortland Cassidy is going to pop? You think supply of Ruins of Ravencroft Carnage #1 on Ebay is going to dry up?

1 Like

Yes. If he survives the King In Black story arch I would say so.

I think he will definitely pop even if there’s zero reason for him to. If he shows up (which we know he will), then there will be this sudden realization among the masses that really don’t pay a lick of attention to resources like these forums “oh wow…Cortland!.. what’s his 1st?”.
Nothing surprises me anymore.

I still like that 2nd print though…printing defect and all.

Now…if Cortland does somehow tie into the Black Knight & Ebony Blade lore as I went out on a limb about… I’ll be a happy fellow.

1 Like

Yup…definitely will pop…short term. Quick flipper…much like Black Winter. I feel they are both sporadic villains that will heat up and cool down…never gaining much traction or holding a higher $$$ value.

Well my plan is to preemptively list my Olivetti variants tonight about the selling price to see if prices reach up to that point tomorrow.

2 Likes

Flip and move on… he’s a villain… they come and go…

2 Likes

Thats a good plan! Have em ready for the frenzy!

Yes that is my plan. I picked up about a 20 issues of cover A & B last year. Sold about 8 of those between $20 to $25. Then picked up a few more at the end of the year for $10. Plus I picked up some of the second prints. I am going to sell off most of what I have soon.

Yeah imma dig out my extras of his 1st to have em ready if the issue builds buzz/hype. I have all copies of the 1st issu I beleive.

1 Like

Key Collector just added the Ruins of Ravencroft to its lHot Keys to look for.

1 Like

I put the spoilers up a bunch of hours ago. He is there and becomes “The Plague”

1 Like

Cool, just got a couple of these for the PC. Name seems promising.

If they added it that means the sheep are grazing… time to lay out some feed then.

3 Likes

@SpideyHunter516 Heh…I like that…made the old man spit a bit o coffee!

1 Like

I really need to cut the cord and sell raw books vs only graded. I have a bunch of these issues and the 2nd print, but I can’t stand dealing with pissing and moaning over an imperfection or disagreements in grades, etc. I see so many folks crying because they don’t feel a book will end up a 9.8.

1 Like

Its a raw book. They can’t all be 9.8. Just list the book with as many detailed pictures as you can. Its not like we are professional graders?

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I do. Corners sides front back I’m showing you every detail on the book.

3 Likes

When I list books, I never claim a grade (at least never a number grade, only if it’s in a slab with that already printed on it). I snap the pics, tell them it looks to be NM- to NM+, but I’m not a professional grader, actual grade is not guaranteed… and it’s never “read” as @D-Rog loves his auctions to clarify before buying…

2 Likes

When I list I have a minimum of 4 crystal clear pics. Additional pics of any flaws. I also list any and all flaws in the description. I do estimate the grade and always add “or so” afterwards. I use Overstreets Grading Definitions which to me are more thorough and exact. So unless I miss a flaw they have no complaints.

1 Like

Once anything hits Key Collector, it’s time for the first purge.

1 Like